THE GLORY

rosie33's picture
Forums: 

I hope Im not celebrating to early and end up jinxing my self but the day has finally come where we are have come out on the beneficial side for once!!!

I haven't posted on here in quite some time - after a while you just go numb and get used to being screwed over so many times by the BM.

We've been paying child support to her for two kids. She is held at $0 for income because she has the golden ticket (a signed Doc note saying she never has to work again, yet she was denied for any disability) needless to say, we pay a hefty chunk...My SS 16 decided a year and a half ago that he wanted to live with us full time. It was his decision. She didn't like it at first and tried to fight it but he refused to go over there on her week. We make him go with her every other weekend - if it were his choice, he wouldn't. We never went in an adjusted support. She had been trying to convince him that the only reason we agreed to him living with us full time was because we wanted to take her $ and we didn't want him to feel like she was right and also we wanted to make sure this wasn't an impulsive decision and that he was here to stay. So for the past year and a half, we have paid her support for a child that she sees literally 4 days a month.

This is where it gets good: on my birthday (she knows) she asked my fiancé how he felt about getting my SS 13 braces. We've done this whole routine before with the older child. We know that she can take the Ortho bill into our Domestic Relations Court and they will make my fiancé pay 100% of it. We're not dumb, she also knows we are getting married next year. The first time we did braces she did it right before we went on vacation, she thought it would mess our $ up - it didn't. We know how to save $. Same for this situation, we are prepared but of course we are going to try and get her to pay half. In realizing all the different scenarios of how we could get screwed once again by her, my fiancé decided to go down to Domestics and get an answer to every possible situation we could be in. In doing this, we told them that SS16 lives with us now, full time. The woman ran the numbers, called him back and said he should not be filing papers to lower, he should in fact be filing papers to TERMINATE child support all together!!! :jawdrop: On paper, he is responsible for 1.5 kids now. She is only responsible for .5 kids. We shouldn't be paying her A DIME!!!!

He is filing papers on Wed and it'll take about a month before the schedule the hearing. I have gone over every scenario in my head of how this could back fire and I don't think it can - I wouldn't be surprised if it did, BUT I'm going to be positive about this for once!

BEST part is, she showed up at our house yesterday in a new mini van! Guess either her or her unemployed bf will have to get a job now!

THE GLORY!!!!!!!

thinkthrice's picture

WOO HOO!! Kudos to you and SO!

I'm PRAYING that middle child SD (17.5) will emancipate "early" like her older bro did--CS goes to 21 mandatory here : :sick: --yet said "child" can VOTE!!

NoWireCoatHangarsEVER's picture

Woo hoo. I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think her plan is to support herself and boyfriend when child support ends?

rosie33's picture

Thank you!!! I have no idea and truly don't care. If it comes to the point where she can't support SS13 half of the time, he'll have no problem coming with us full time too. She just recently caught a felony for delivering drugs (only got probation) so she's probably dumb enough to continue selling pills. We're not even sure if she's getting social security - the woman at the Domestics office said they can find out, she didn't even bother looking into yet because hopefully we dont even needs to know because we won't be paying her anything. Right now they are living the dream off of tax money....which will come to an abrupt halt soon enough...then the well will be dry and who knows what they'll do.