You are here

Does anyone know how to cancel COC?

FrickenFrackenBleep's picture

We filed Contempt of Court on the BM and have a court date at the end of the month. Is it possible to cancel, withdraw, etc the COC. I know this sounds odd but our circumstances have changed and we would like to save the cost of flights if we can. She and the court are out of state. We do not have a lawyer either or I would be asking them this question. We can't afford one. Up to this point we have done all the paperwork ourselves. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

uncommon's picture

You should be able to withdraw it but you may need to file a motion. Call the clerk and ask.

LostInTheMess's picture

Yup. Call the clerk or the administrator. You can probably file a motion to dimsiss the COC and have it entered on the ex parte docket.