You are here

cRIMINAL RECORD AND ITS AFEECT ON CUSTODY

uniccco's picture
Forums: 

My Ex wife new boyfriend who she moved in two months after divorce has a criminal record for dwi assault on female and driving while license revoked which he just got arrested for again 2 months ago how will this affect a split custody decision that i want !

starfish1012's picture

In my experience, the court said that the new felon boyfriend was part of her personal life and as long as there are no doubts as to her fitness as a parent prior to the new boyfriend, one should trust that she will make good decisions for her child. Sucks, right? That's what they told us. And the biomom is also a felon! Tax dollars hard at work, eh?

munculitza's picture

Well of course a criminal record will affect your custody case. And it is so easy to get anyones criminal records with criminal checks online, but anyway I guess it also depends on what kind of crime you did.

uniccco's picture

To follow up and add just found out along with with my exes boyfriend not having a license and driving while his license was revoked and awful criminal record i looked in computer today and saw she was in there for driving while her license was revoked and simple worthless checks our court date aug 16 2011 and i am trying to get split custody will this help !

Braxton123's picture

In my experience, the judge said that the new felon partner was part of her personal life and as long as there are no questions as to her health and health and fitness as a mother or father before new partner, one should believe in that she will make good choices for her kid.

Personal trainer Marketing

Rags's picture

That will depend on the state where you live, the court, the judge, the day, phase of the moon,whether your judge got laid the night before, etc.....

In our case an extensive arrest record, history of statutory rape (not convicted), abandoning the baby in a car with a gun in the diaper bag and running from police, giving an infant alcohol, SpermGrandPa beating SpermGrandMa, etc, etc, etc.... had no bearing on limiting court ordered visitaton time with my SS's SpermClan.

Custody was never an issue. In SpermLand unwed teen moms nearly always get custody. My SS-21 was born when my DW was 16 and the SpermIdiot was 23. For background, we met when SS was 15mos and married a week before he turned 2yo.

But, even with all of the SpermIdiot and SpermClan idiocy I mentioned the Judge ruled that "any child would be blessed to have the love and support of this fine family". :jawdrop: :sick: But, when SpermGrandMa cleans houses and offices for most of the judges and attorneys in the county what else should be expected?

Get all of ducks in a row regarding multiple CBCs on your X and her BF, Private Investigator reports, taxes, credit reports, etc.... and you may get lucky and get custody or at least get a Protective Order keeping the X's BF away from your kid.

Stranger things have happened.

Good luck.

StepMomTaxi's picture

Generally, I believe traffic offenses, revoked license and including DUI or DWI won't have much bearing.

Is the assault a conviction or just a charge? That may make a difference too as well as how long ago the charges were.

It sucks but I know first hand the courts take that into account.