You are here

childsupport

bundtcake1234's picture
Forums: 

Signed child mother up for support 2 years ago for support and she is in another state and we had a first hearing scheduled for this week. Low and behold they haven't even served her so when called to attend hearing they are like oh it's been cancelled because she hasn't been served. She has lived with her parents since she split with DH about 4 years ago. I don't know what to say but it is such a discriminatory sexist system. DH paid CS for alleged daughter for 20 years and the little crook wasn't even in school she was just stealing money from dear old alleged father and this other kids mother doesn't even have to pay for her child. I wish I could get a paternity test on both his kids because I have serious doubts he is even biological father to either of them.

CompletelyPuzzled's picture

^^^This!  When we needed to serve BM, the local sheriff kept saying they couldn't find her.  DH hired a private firm.  She was served within 5 days.  In most cases, the server knocks on the door and if no one answers, he leaves.  Our server tried knocking for 3 days straight when it was obvious someone was home.  After that, he waited down the road and followed BM to the store and back.  He nailed her while she was getting groceries out of the car.

hereiam's picture

Agreed, don't let the local agency serve her, they don't work too hard at it. For 50 bucks (this was ten years ago) we had BM served in a couple of days. Sheriff couldn't seem to do it in 30.

Harry's picture

are going to get Money from her ?  Like blood from s stone.  If she not working, what are they going to do to her.  Put her in jail and pay for her upkeep ?   As long as she not working or working under the table cash job. You will get nothing.  If she doesn’t file taxes and get a refund That something else you can not get. 

You are going to spend more money then you are going to get. Or you may get some in 30 years 

bundtcake1234's picture

your right why waste money. I just called a process server and they want 150 and say if the police cant serve her we will likely have the same issues. I know CS people say she has an open disability claim, don't know how she can get disability when she never worked but isn't that what all the foreigners who come here get and they never worked either so it's just so frustrating.

notsofast's picture

You can get SSI if you've never worked but it is really not a lot of money... around $800 a month I think.  I don't think SSI can be used to calculate CS, BUT children who have a parent on SSI can sometimes get a small amount for the support of the child each month.

People who are not legally here are not able to get SSI or SSDI.  By definition you have to have a valid SS number, identification and medical history to even apply for it.  I am on disability, but not SSI.  SSDI is an insurance program for people who have worked and paid into it, while SSI is for the indigent or poor who have not worked and is a final safety net for the truly poor who are also disabled.

The medical criteria for SSDI and SSI are the same but SSI has very tight restrictions on assets and other family income.  If she hasn't worked for enough time to build up enough work credits then SSI is the only option for her.  If she makes too much money or has too many assets though, she may not qualify.  It's also not easy to be approved for disability medically.

hereiam's picture

Call around. In my area, the prices really vary and I was surprised to find one for $50.00, when everybody else wanted $100.00.

Rags's picture

This is why we had zero tolerance with my SS's Spermidiot and the SpermClan.  Entitlement morons should never be allowed to skate. Regardless of gender.

SteppedOut's picture

If you are going to try for support, do NOT go through CSE. It is WORTHLESS, unless you are on state benefits. I literally had a CSE worker tell me they didn't work very hard on my case because I was not receiving state benefits and I should be happy they did anything. 

I am in the process of hiring an attorney to correct all of the BS in the order now.