You are here

BM refuses to pay her portion of court ordered, unpaid medical expenses

HadEnoughx5's picture
Forums: 

Court order's do not mean a thing to BM, this is just one of our many issues with her. The Judge granted a change in medical coverage for the children. A long story...BM and children were on BM's medical insurance and then BF was paying for our medical insurance as well. He was paying close to 2k a month and the Judge changed it so we could have the children all on our policy, (BM was pissed off because she was no longer having a "free" ride from DH for her portion of her own medical coverage) We are to split uncovered medical expenses 65% BF/ 35% BM.

SD had counceling, BM refused to pay 35%. BM now says my SS needs braces soon and because BF has no orthodontic coverage...she's not paying.

Any idea's besides having to drag her sorry ass back to court again?

CrystalRE's picture

In some states Child Support Recovery will assist parents in getting payment for medical bills if it is part of the support order.

beyond pissed-off's picture

I would first find out if SS actually needs braces. There is no reason that BF can not have a consult with the orthodontist if he is the coverage holder and will be paying. Braces are a traditional "get $ out of daddy" ploy.

HadEnoughx5's picture

The court order's say they are to both split the unpaid expenses 65% Dad and 35% Mom. Dad has full medical decision making because BM was neglecting their medical needs and suggested care from the Dr. ie not giving them their meds etc.

BM does not work, has no mortgage (home was paid for at time of divorce)and makes 73k annually partcially from BF CS and the other from a terminally ill SF she purposely married to receive death bennies for her children even though they were not SF kids. Pretty sweet deal ,huh?

She's a money hungry bitch who wants to yank on BF chain and drain him for everything she can, even though she is the one who cheated on him and filed for divorce. Plus...she has another son from another guy she was seeing while her terminally ill husband was dying. After he died, she dumped another guy to be with the father of this baby...whom she is now cheating on him. What I want to know is how does someone like that keep the names of the men she is with straight..especially when in the heat of passion!
Thanks, I just needed to vent that!!

I really am a nice person. I just spent 6 hours taking my SS to be examined for a broken thumb (from football practice) because again...BM could'nt be bothered.