You are here

ANYONE IN FL??

c.rod's picture
Forums: 

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to set up support in FL?? My SS has lived with his father since 9 and recently BM decided to keep him (refused to send him back after christmas). My DH paid cs to BM until he was 10. Every year but the last 2 she even claimed him for income tax (even tho he lived w/ us.... DH said it was ok) last yr we sent her 500 and this year she got nada. She never paid a dime for him whle he lived w/ us..... we never asked or tried to get any. We live in NC and was wondering how long it will be until we hear something (we are about 99.9999% sure she is going to try to file) he will be 17 later this month and will prob. be repeating the 10th grade next yr....I spoke to several lawyers but never asked how long it takes...... we will be trying to fight in court for low payments.

ctnmom's picture

I know this- it takes a while here but once it kicks in they'll take your whole paycheck if you're "in arrears". Google "my florida.com" you might get more info there.

SASX's picture

What state is the CO/ Divorce decree in?

If it is not in Florida, they will not touch the CS issue until the venue is changed to them. Is there a CO in place that states the kid is to be with mom? If no... call the cops report the child kidnapped. That he went for visitation and the NCP refuses to return him. Florida frowns HARD on custodial interferance.

c.rod's picture

There is no custody order there WAS a child support order in FL but he talked her into going and getting the courts to stop it and balance it out at zero about a year ago and we have the paperwork so according to lawyers she can't get back support for any time he was with us. There's nothing we can do to get him here he's 17 and wants to be there..... hell he can do whatever he wants there she keeps calling asking to send him back but changes her mind last min. and i'm sure her changing her mind is b/c of c.s. There's no divorce decree or anything, they were never married.