You are here

Am I a parental alienator? Quiz for those in doubt about themselves, or the crazies that they deal with.

Gigi82's picture
Forums: 

http://www.stopparentalalienation.org/quiz.htm

Go to this link to view the quiz. Almost every single one of these I could say Yes to about my SD's BM, it's pathetic.

aggravated1's picture

AS far as our BM goes, that is the only test that she has ever passed with 100%. And yes, she is a PASinator.

Gigi82's picture

Sounds like we have similar or identical BM's, it's terrible that the only thing they've ever really excelled at is damaging their children!

uncommon's picture

That's a great quiz - I wish I could send it to XH and have FSM take it. She does almost all of those things. God help that man if that relationship ever ends - he'll be lucky if he ever sees his DD (with her, not my DD).

12yrstepmonster's picture

Interesting quiz. Very sad that people feel the need to alienate a child from a parent. It is easy to do some of these things.

My questions: What happens to these kids? And is there ever any hope of developing a good relationship with them?

Disneyfan's picture

Our crazy BM has mastered everything on that list. All parents do (or at least they should)#6 so I don't understand why that one is included. BMs aren't the only ones guilty of doing these things. Some dads and SMs get down and dirty as well.

Disneyfan's picture

There's nothing wrong with asking how they spent their visit. Where did you go? What did you do? Did you enjoy yourself?... Maybe it all depends on the intent behind the questions. I would ask those question to get an idea how my son's went. I wasn't looking to cause problems with son, his dad and SM.

Gigi82's picture

I agree with you on the fact thatI don't think there is anything wrong with asking your kids what they did or where they went while out with the other parent, it's good to show an interest in my opinion. What I have a major problem with is grilling the poor kid to the point that they are uncomfortable even mentioning the other parent. The BM is my case uses interrogation constantly and them makes my poor SD feel guilty for even having a good time. She has even told us that when her mom is grilling her, sometimes she'll just say "I don't know" or "I can't remember" when being questioned so that she doesn't have to keep talking to her about us. This little girl is 7 years old, there is no reason for her mom to be putting her in the middle like that!