You are here

Advice needed

layla79's picture
Forums: 

. Long story short my Dh has full legal and residential custody oof my 4 stepkids. 2 years ago CPS took kids away from BM...leaving them home alone all night...drug addict...etc. Dh was awarded child suport and the bm has NEVER paid! Has been a no show to all court dates even the ones where she lost custody. Just recent she filed a motion to pay less child support....how does one pay less the zero!.... and of course was a no show. Another warrant for her yet she never gets arrested. Works below the table jobs so cant go thru an employer. Its now over $10 grand. Everyone states he will never see the money but the thing is..the kids really need it. Any advice. We live in nj

step off already's picture

I'd just be happy of DH could get an order of support made from BM. She has two jobs - will only provide paperwork for one and claims "poor".

We'd have to hire lawyer at $5K to maybe get $4k out of her janky ass over the next 4 years.

misSTEP's picture

My DS's deadbeat dad still owes over $15K and my DS is just about 24 now. Eventually, it will catch up with them. In the meantime, if you guys qualify for government assistance (how I hate I am even recommending this!), I would do it.

Child Support Enforcement works harder on cases where the kids are getting medical assistance. At least that was what was admitted to in our state.