You are here

How about a forum for the good stuff?

pixi's picture

There's an awful lot of forum sections relating to problems and issues, how about a section where people can post nothing but their positive experiences?

pixi's picture

By the way, I only suggest this because I have (so far and knock on wood) had nothing but a positive experience with my boyfriend's two wonderful teenaged children (it's only the ex that presents a problem)

Perhaps it could be called Positive Experiences?

whatever's picture

Pixi,
I too, would love to read some sucsessful stories. Mine is not, but we are (keeping my fingers crossed) getting there, 6 years later.
SPs could share their progress, THEIR (not step kids') mistakes and negative attitudes and how they overcame all that stuff.
I realize my part in the"war" as significant as my ss's or/and bm's; they are troubled souls, too and it is not quite fear to put all the blame on them. This realization made me to try finding ways of more understanding, forgiveness, letting some issues go, acceptance and therefore eliminate the war.
But of course every family is different, situations are different, what is working for one may not work for another. But it is still a good idea to have a forum like this JMO

Most Evil's picture

if I had a success story to share! PAS is a bad thing - but oh well, life goes on.

William Shakespeare, "Antony and Cleopatra", Act 2 scene 2