You are here

Zippy is going to Europe!

Endora's picture

In March 2009! It will be the first real break from Zippy (aka our 16 year old shadow) in two years-actual 10 days break---

We asked him to pick something to get involved in at school (senior in High School, involved in NOTHING)-he picked this (thousands of dollars of course)-out of DH's pocket (we have separate accounts except for household expenses and an iron clad pre-nup)-

anyway-I am thankful for the break-

148 days until Zippy hits the streets of London England!

2 years and 26 days until he turns 18-but who is counting...

Endora's picture

Step Parenting – you might need to step back before you step in something!

Sadly-no not permanent (yet-who knows in the future...)I am staying tuned for this weekend's excuse as to why his bio-mom cannot have him (or his version there of) and we are going on over a month with absolutely no visitation to his mothers-even DH asked last night "when are you going to see your mom"?-

I pointed out (privately to DH that the entire Thanksgiving weekend Zippy did not take one breath of fresh air outside-was in the basement (turning into a mushroom)-the ENTIRE weekend gaming-how healthy is that?

Endora's picture

"Refuses to learn to tell time, zip his coat, tie his shoes, read, etc. etc. Speaks in grunts and one word sentences; BARGAINS with BF to get what he wants and usually does!! "

Zippy does all that as in above, that hasn't changed -at least we have trained him that thumb sucking at 6 feet tall and 16 years old is an activity best done in private if you must continue(can't believe he is not ostracized at school for that one!-of course we are in Canada-everyone is so politically correct here-would be considered "bullying")-and he still has a bedtime "special pillow" (never been washed in 16 years as it will disintegrate) honestly some kids parents frustrate me-I guess their kids are "special" and immune to having to be parented-just today my DH said to me -and I quote-"Zippy is different (oh I'll say!)-he did not grow up in a two parent household" So that's the excuse for parenting him like an idiot?

That is terrible- CS until age 25-I swear we are keeping our kids longer and longer.....

sarahbernheart's picture

I do love reading your posts.

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one."

Endora's picture

I sure is nice to have the break-the whole atmosphere of the household changes.