You are here

Your opinion would be appreciated.

Craving Normality's picture

I am going abroad next week without the skids - feeling a tiny bit guilty - but so bloody excited I wanted to share it.
Got a question though, for next time, just for interests sake. Do you think it would piss bm off more if we holidayed without the skids, or took them along and they came home raving about the good time they had with us. Immature question I know? But can I have honest opinions please.

Thanks. I will have a great time. It will be a blast. I am being a complete and utter bitch. To have the best possible time for me I leave the skids behind. Then it IS A HOLIDAY. Just was wondering if it would hurt her more if I took them - I know, I know.. What a friggin bitch I am.

I won't whine on here. Never have. I am just usual person that gets hurt by skids, fed up by step mum and contemplating giving a bit back - crucify me!

Disneyfan's picture

If your SKs hurt you, why in the world would you take them on vacation?

If BM is aware of the way her kids treat you, she may view your taking them on vacation as an attempt to buy their love/respect. Instead of being angry with you, she might just pity you.

I have not done a single thing thus far. To upset bm or skids on purpose. I understand that holidaying without them could upset them but they holiday without me and I cope so whatever. I was just asking! As I said - very immature question. I am not a mean step mum. I don't take pride in upsetting skids. Skids and bm's are really everything everyone talks about on this forum, but for the most part, I actually like her kids. I am taking a break, going on a holiday, without skids, which I am looking forward to, and as I said feeling a bit guilty about. Was asking a simple question, what would be worse for bio mum. And like I already said, I know it's bitchy, but wanted opinions

Really step aside. They got taken away and still complained?

How on earth can anyone live up to the standards ?

Jellybeam's picture

Our BM was PISSED OFF when we took the kids to Disneyland. She was pissed when DH and I honeymooned in Mexico, as well.

Either way is fine.

notmyspawn's picture

I don't even see how a vacation with SK's would be enjoyable! Never is for me. If we never went on a vacation with SK again, I think I would prefer that over winning the lottery.

If BM gets mad, so what. That's her issue, not yours.

SMof2Girls's picture

DH and I alternate vacations with and without the skids. We typically do one BIG vacation a year. When that's a skid vacation, we usually do 2-3 weekend getaways for just the two of us.

Don't go down this path of doing for the skids or not just to get at BM. You'll end up in a situation where skids either resent you for never including them, or don't respect you becasue all you've done is "buy" their affections.

Live YOUR life with your DH. Giving BM that much space in your head isn't healthy for you, or your marriage.

True!