You are here

youngest girl threw away her rx drugs!

AmIWicked's picture

I found the pills in the garbage. She has a cold and she got steroids and an antibiotic. My husband was not home. So i immediately called him. When he came home he just sat the pills down in fRont of her and told her to take them.

I am so frustrated that he does not parent the way I would. She would have gotten a whole lot more than a "take your pills" from me if she were my daughter. She is 8. Old enough to understand pills make you better.

Part of me thinks that she wants to stay at home from school and stay sick longer.

AmIWicked's picture

The pills came from her mom. They were in plastic bags marked to take this evening with food.
When I was standing near the trash can. The girl volunteered that she already took her medicine. And I told her then she should never take the medicine on her own. ..... and honestly I was going to double check the meds to make sure they were correct. I would not put it past the witch to supply the wrong stuff to get the girl sick. ...... but anyway
Husband left the baggy with the hand written more in it from his ex on the counter.

And as an additional side note. ...I don't trust my husband taking pills in his own either. I caught him once taking 5 Tylenol at once and I screamed at him. He didn't read the bottle. It was 500 mg tablets not 100 mg tablets.....I asked him if he had noticed that the size was different. .. he said he honestly didn't notice. ....

Forget child proof ..... I need husband proof sometimes.

Orange County Ca's picture

Once when I wanted to get out of school I waved the thermometer over the toaster and it got hot enough to crack. Lol I told Dad I bit it by accident. He was concerned that I got mercury in my mouth but I said I didn't and I got out of school that day.

Of course she wants to get out of school or just hates pills. They may have a bitter taste or she may have trouble swallowing them. Has anyone taught her the proper/easy way to take a pill and a capsule? The techniques are different. Google it you have to.

Anyway there is no point in going ballistic over it - its Daddies kid let Daddy handle discipline.

twoviewpoints's picture

I'm confused as to who the 8yr old belongs to (in your bio clip the youngest SD was 11yrs old :? ), but regardless, yeah kids know meds are to help make them 'better'...but that doesn't mean they like taking meds.

Some of those antibiotic pills taste like yuck if the kid doesn't manage to get it down quickly. I'm surprised if the kid has issues with pills that BM didn't have liquid prescribed instead. The tossing in the garbage is why parents should be supervising the dose and actual swallowing. No med will work if kid doesn't take it.

My 11yr old GS just went to pill form. You'd think we'd ask him to shallow poison pills. GS had never had to shallow pills and he was one defiant patient. Of course with something like a z-pack there's no room to waste a dose. DD begged and pleaded. Nope. Not opening his mouth. His father tried putting it on a spoonful of oatmeal :O . One wasted dose. Then it was my turn to play bad-ass grandma via the phone (I hate when GS's parents do that to me). No more wasted doses and kid willingly swallowed each and every next dose.

Next time, don't trust the kid and let her father deal with the taking. SMs get enough of a bad rap without being the medicine patrol guard.

AmIWicked's picture

I just saw I wrote 8. I've got a new smart phone I am still learning how to use. It guesses ahead of time what I want to say and I didn't catch it.

She is 11. Not 8.

And the p ills are chewable and one dissolves on the tongue. She was supposed to take them with food so she could have had something in her mouth to get the taste of.