You are here

You'll never believe it!!!

Chocoholic's picture

As many of you know....
My 2 year step son came home to us in early April showing large bruises all over his bottom indicating that he had been abused while in BB's care.... Long story short, I took SS in to the doctor whom reported the abuse to CPS.... BB automatically began accusing me of the abuse... CPS and the police began investigations.... Both BB and myself were suspects, my dh was never considered a suspect.
DH received an Order for Protection for the kids against BB. The police asked for BB and I to submit to polygraph testing. BB submitted to polygraph testing right away while I had my reservations about the process and therefore spoke to an attorney whom advised me not to take the test. Literally, the very day that I declined to submit to polygraph testing, CPS and the police removed the children from our care (they were already removed from BB's care) and so the children were placed into protective custody.
We were then told that BB passed the polygraph test.
Months later, CPS told us that due to BB's polygraph test, and my refusal to submit, they would be finding "Unfounded" as to BB, and "Founded" as to myself. As a result, BB regained custody of the chidren and obtained an Order for protection against DH. In an effort to clear my name, I privately contacted the same polygraph examiner that the police use (and the same that conducted BB's test). I privately went in and submitted to testing. I PASSED.
As a result, CPS changed their findings from "Founded" to "Inconclusive".

As soon as we were told that CPS had closed their case, supposedly as "Unfounded" as to BB and "Inconclusive" as to me, my DH personally went into the CPS office to request the records. Nearly 2 months later I called in to CPS to find out why we had not received the records.... At first they told me that DH had never come in... I then had DH call himself and talk to the people he had spoken to when he went in.... then they told DH that they had lost the paperwork.... well today, we finally received the CPS file....
BB DID NOT PASS THE POLYGRAPH TEST!!!
CPS DID NOT CLOSE THEIR CASE AS UNFOUNDED.... They closed it as "unfounded and/or inconclusive" because they could not decide which one.
So, while we have been engrossed in the court system and the children have been kept from us for over 3 months now, it now appears that it was all based on a lie!
The police lied and reported to the court that BB had passed the polygraph test.... NOT TRUE! I now have the report sitting right in front of me! The police also told the court that a doctor had reviewed the pictures (that we took) of the bruises and reported that the markings happened while SS was in our care.... THERE IS NO SUCH REPORT!!! BB has been telling the court how CPS found "Unfounded" to her and "Inconclusive" to me... while telling the court that "Inconclusive" means that CPS knows that I abused SS, but cannot prove it.... UNTRUE! AND, she was NOT found "Unfounded"!!!
I knew the day that the police told us that there was doctor report stating that the abuse took place on our time.... I knew they were lying, because I know that the abuse DID NOT happen on our time, and that science could/would not say otherwise. I knew they were lying, but I didn't know the extent!
Why were the police lying you may ask?? Well, my son's stepmom, (Jennifer/Jisselle) has filed 18 false CPS reports against me.... all of which were "Unfounded". Years after the reports were made, Family Court Services conducted an investigation and caught Jennifer lying and stated that she had been filing false reports....
Well, the police did not know that, and my guess is that being as in their goal is to find someone guilty... they choose me, the only party with an extensive history with CPS complaints.... They went for the easy target and they lied!!!
I'm thrilled and pissed at the same time... we can't get the 3 months back.... we are going after the police department and CPS for knowingly lying to the courts whom as a result kept the kids from us based on what they took to be truthful statements. I know this is long and rambling so I'll stop now....

Cruella's picture

You can take that case in front of the Judge and have her charged with filing false reports!!!! It is a crime to do that. I would sue her big time!!!! Oh how pathetic Jennifer is! She is a professional victim like my skids BM and obviously tried to play the system.

You hit a very sensitive issue with me because BM has done the same to us. I hope the Judge will see through her now. She lied in court as well. That is perjury!!!!

I am so sorry you are going through all that. I am happy you found out the truth. I haven't heard back from CPS as well. They came in and interviewed us. No further contact and that has been a year ago. The Caseworker pretty much dropped the case and told us she didn't find anything. It would have been nice to get that in writing.

Chocoholic's picture

The most recent issue is with Dh's ex-wife, however Jennifer's past FALSE cps reports against me are the reason that the police and cps focused on me in the first place.... they did not have the investigative report that discloses that the reports Jennifer was filing were "overzealous" and "false". In the investigative report, they question Jennifer's mental stability and state that she was caught lying to several "professionals" including "cps, the courts and numerous professional investigators".
Nonetheless, it is DH's ex wife that is the issue right now.... SHE did not pass her polygraph (yet the police told the court that she did) and that is why the children were returned to her care. I am contacting an attorney regarding a wrongful suit against our local law enforcement and cps whom intentionally misrepresented "facts" that were presented to the court and are the reason that the children have been kept from us for 3 months now!
Our only guess is that cps and the officer wanted to 'successfully' close their cases and based on the fact that I am the only parent between DH, his ex and I that has an extensive backgound in cps allegations.... (all thanks to Jennifer's false reporting)... they took the easiest target and tried to blame the abuse on me. Now that we have all of the documentation (that they tried to withhold from us) we have proof that the statements provided to the court by cps and the investigating officer were FALSE!

Imustbcrazy's picture

I just can't believe this world sometimes. Does she know someone at the police station that would lie for her? How did she get the police to do that? I am so sorry you are going through this.

HUGS.

Daddys Gurl-

Life is as sweet as you sweeten it.

Chocoholic's picture

I don't know how this can happen.... I do know that when I originally declined to take the polygraph test I really pissed off the police officer.... and he saw my refusal to submit to testing as a clear sign that I must be guilty.... he focused the remainder of his investigation solely on me.... He was happy that BB voluntarily submitted to testing to the extent that he overlooked the fact that she FAILED her polygraph test.... when I privately took my test with the same examiner I PASSED mine.... then the officer claimed that the test was not a huge deal.... BUT he returned the kids to BB by telling the court that BB passed her test with flying colors.... and he took the kids from us by telling the court that I was being uncooperative.
I'm truly at a loss....

Imustbcrazy's picture

That is just UNreal. I can't believe that something (someone) that is meant to PROTECT us, can do such a horrible thing and put that child back in a potentially dangerous situation. What a crock. I would not know what to do in your situation. Stay strong.

Daddys Gurl-

Imustbcrazy's picture

Sick thought, but a possibility nontheless.

Daddys Gurl-

Mocha2001's picture

Choco ... give me a call when you get a chance. In case you lost my number I'll email it to you here on Step-Talk ... want to talk to you about this IRL.

~ Katrina