You are here

You every get that feeling that everyone hates you

SweetMom's picture

I married my h and it seems like I have dedicated my life to going off with h and His friends, going to his moms house, his dad visit all the time, his daughter every other weekend, then there's his phone ringing off the hook when we do finally get time to ourselves. Then when it's just us, after we've done the deed he stays on his phone even during movies. I notice when his dad comes over he doesn't want to sit around long and asks h to walk outside or off over to his truck to talk, then there's h mom being sarcastic. H friends girlfriend tags on fb my h a funny photo and two other couples including their husbands and them but not me. It's like the all act like I do not exist then when I say something to h about my feelings and what bothers me he blows up in my face leaving me empty inside. I can't help but wonder if he talks about me badly behind my back. They all treated me so good when we first married but then my step kid started hating on me. I don't know.

Indigo's picture

Sorry you're having a rough time. There are so many different explanations that I skipped away from your post a few times, but I didn't want you to feel that no one heard you. Do you think you might be over-sensitive? Troubles in the house or even depression can make all of us see things darkly.

stepinafrica's picture

Steplife has this unique dynamic where stepmoms are positioned to be scapegoats and outsiders. To be balanced as a stepmom it is important to have another life that does NOT include your skids and DH. Have your own friends (not joint friends), and stuff that you do just for you. This can include a hobby like photography, a dance class, book club, volunteering somewhere. Whatever it is, make sure you have something JUST FOR YOU.

Rags's picture

Sally, are absolutely in the right place.

Thanks for your example and for sharing your journey to giving DH clarity.

Rags's picture

And you voluntarily remain in this situation and tolerate this crap why?

Call the locksmith, change the locks, empty all of the assets, purge your asshole DH from your life and move on to live your life with someone who lives in a better world because they have you ..... and vise versa.

Take care of you.

SweetMom's picture

Thank you all for good advice. I got some good leads on some descent job oppertunities. I needed new glasses so I could see to take the tests so maybe I'll meet some people when I start working. H doesn't want me to work. The lens crafters guy and I cut up so I know I do have personality. Yes, I think I am over sensitive. Thanks again for advice.