You are here

Wow this is some un-believable story... Perhaps a blessing :-)

Julie30's picture

Well as some of you know we are taking BF's ex to court, fighting for sole custody of both children.

Sadly, we could not afford an attorney and have filed based on all of my past documents, when I used a paralegal to fight for un-contested sole custody of my son many years ago. We also did research, yada, yada & yada...

Later we found out, while in the process of taking her to court that her LIVE-IN boyfriend's ex wife is taking him to court to terminate all visitation between her son and his father because his father is unfit. She has gotten child protective services involved, has a real good attorney, she has had her son evaluated by professionals and I guess she took the route we wished we could have afforded. However, we thought we had enough evidence to win without needing to get an attorney, but honestly I doubt we could win because I spoke to the judges secretary, for assistance and she basically told me that it's very unusual for a judge to listen to a case at length without an attorney and was only allowing BF 1-hour to make his case - basically 15 min. judge intro, 15 min. BF plea, 15 min ex plea, and I guess 15 min. closing from judge?? He also would not allow the kids to testify as to the neglect they are dealing with.

So, anyway I tried contacting the ex-wife of BF's EX's live-in boyfriend and, I DID get a call back from someone pretending to be her about a month ago, ex's boyfriend also intercepted wife's mail so that she would not get our letter.

So, I called her aunt " I found the number listed in the court paper's from her "the ex-wife's custody battle" so we have not heard anything in weeks.

However today at lunch someone came to my door, a building inspector " I freaked, not knowing if it was something added to my house by prior owner's " lol - then she tells me she is the aunt of the ex-wife "desperately looking for my BF" - so she told her niece to call my BF at home and she asked my BF if he had an attorney and knew half the crap her 7 year old was saying. We had no clue criminal activity was taking place in the house. So, she tells my boyfriend we are soooooo stupid not to have hired an attorney and he explained to her that we just don't have the money, and we feel that we have enough evidence to get custody without one.

So, she asks BF to meet her at her attorney's office on Friday. She will be flying down from North Carolina and she wants to help one another. She is also paying for our attorney, saying it is well worth it, if it helps her even the slightest bit in terminating her ex-husbands rights. So, now we may have an attorney. I told BF I was worried because both custody hearings are taking place on the 20th of this month. She said not to worry her attorney will just file extensions and file emergency custody so we can take the kids immediately.

So, wish us luck... Can you believe the help of a real attorney. She estimates it should be around $3,000.00 - $4,000.00 and will be using the money from items sold "her ex-husbands trash" trucks, etc. So, what do you think of that.. I am a little speechless and after hearing what else was going on it makes me a little sick... I really hope we get custody soon.