You are here

Wow! Really BM? Jealous of SS8 AND BS1's brotherly relationship? Advice?

Butterflykissesandlicks's picture

So, everything went great this weekend. We 3 went to the beach Saturday, and even had SS8 over early on Sunday, so he could spend the entire day with his family here, BUT... :?

BM EMAILED me that night, in secret, and wanted to know WHY DH and SS8 were NOT spending as much "time" together? WTF? Anyway, I told her at pick-up that BS1 had said his FIRST big word. Guess what it is? SS8's NAME. Over and over again! Blum 3

Isn't that so cute? I guess not to BM? She replies with a small, "Oh." What is her problem? Our kids are bonding and she is mad, because the two kids are playing together and DH is not bugging them, nor am I, letting the two become close? So, she rushed over here to pick-up SS8, and makes him "feel" guilty, like he is her husband :O , not good, and he rushes home to mommy? Oh boy. It is like a mix of hatred, jealousy, and she is not getting her DH "fix" for her ego maybe? What can we do except tell SS8 that he is always welcome here and we even had to explain that the two boys have the same LAST NAME? OMG?!

Butterflykissesandlicks's picture

I really don't want to even speak to her, at all. I don't trust her, period. How do you handle this though as they grow up? We are all in the same town, school, etc. What if something happened to DH? He is 45 years old. What would my situation be then with BM, concerning BS1 and SS8? That has been my main concern, honestly.

I couldn't BELIEVE how she brought a list to my busted DH for MORE stuff for school, for SS8. This woman gets lots of C/S AND married a M.D. It made DH feel an inch tall. DH is having to make the choice in between feeding our baby and buying diapers or, giving her more money, on top of C/S. Wow. Of course, he offered some office supplies, and let that be that. That was a good one on his part.

stormabruin's picture

Leave the communication to your DH. If something happens to him, deal with it then. Your DH is 45. He isn't ancient.

Your DH will only be 55 when SS is 18. SS will be perfectly capable of communicating with you & with your BS by that point & BM won't need to be in the middle of anything.

Next time BM emails you, simply forward the message to your DH & let him handle it. No need to inform her before doing so. She's his ex. Just let him deal with her.

As for her "secret" inquiry, why would she not address that with your DH?