You are here

Would you prosecute?

gazzabicks's picture

I think BD is totally wrong here and it's just another example of him being the big I am......he thinks he is better than people because he has more money.

I am happy to be told I am wrong though.

My SD (12) took her I-phone into school, even though the school says don't take expesive phones in. Whilst at a games lesson she left it in her blazer and when she came back to change it was gone.

2 days later the girl who stole it was seen with the phone and eventually admitted stealing it. She was made to give it back by the school and also made to write an apology letter to our SD.

The school did tell us that they take stealing very seriously and any other punishment will be dealt by them and we would not know about.

We found out that this girl (also 12) is an orphan, had a tough start in life and a bit of a loner struggling to come to terms with being in a big school.

We thought the school handled it very well BUT the BD of my Stepdaughter has decided to go to the police direct and prosecute the little girl, whilst dragging his own daughter to the police station for interviews etc. He claims the girl stole his daughter's identity !! Yes he did know the full facts about letter, orphan etc.

What do you think, I think he is being very cruel and just being the big I am again.....its my guess the last thing this little girl need is this..

Or am I being too soft?

TheWife's picture

12 years old right? So she got in trouble with the school and was made to apologize and give the phone back. Hmm...

While being an orphan and a tough life is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE to steal, I think seeing as how the school dealt with it, there is no need to have a double punishment. IMO, he is being too harsh.

Whose name is the phone in? If the line is not is his name and he didn't buy the phone, he may not be able to press charges, as it wasn't his property that was stolen.

~*~When you kiss ass, your breath smells like sh*t~*~

Storm76's picture

It's difficult - 12 is often the age of 'criminal responsibility', though sometimes it's 14, depending where you live.

What does your SD think should happen now?

"God never gives us more than we can cope with, I just wish he didn't have such faith in me!"

Jsmom's picture

Overkill in my opinion. Also, agree why does she have an iphone anyway. A regular phone isn't good enough....

gazzabicks's picture

We have 3 Stepdaughters, they all got I-phones from him this Xmas and the youngest one is 9 !

You may have missed the bit at the start that says that he thinks he is better than everyone else coz he has money. He has, and lots of it (stockbroker) and lavishes his children with these type of giftS all the time - prob part of the reason why they think he is so great, when he ain't.

In the past they got a Laptop EACH, proir to that a Quad Bike EACH.....etc etc....

Anyway the reall issue is that I think he is just giving it the big I am....he has taking the SD down the police station because she will do the prosecuting.

She will do whatever her dad tells her to is my guess.....BM has told her that she thinks daddy is wrong doing it and why but it hasn't made any diff