You are here

Words from a Stepdaughter...

shenanigans's picture

This forum as definitely taught me that my relationship with SD9 is unique and I am truly blessed to have her for my SD.

She wrote me a Poem today, and my wish is that all Stepmoms get a thoughtful note, poem, or phone call from their Stepkids...since I know this wish will not come true for
alot of Stepmoms, I would like to share my poem with you.

Roses are red, daisies are blue, you light up my life, you always kiss me goodnight, and never forget about infinity.

I hope my poem brings a smile to all stepmoms tonight.

Igiveupsotornupinside's picture

Oh I used to love when SD19 used to write me little notes and poems! I saved them all and when I am down because we don't speak anymore I go and read them sometimes it makes me remember the old her. I also saved one mothers day card I got from my oldest SD who I get along with great right now. This mothers day card was given to me in 2005 after I had my first baby and it was totally unexpected and hand made. She was not the type to ever give me things like that. I treasure all of those. Thank you for your post it brought back some good memories for me. I miss when SD19 and I were so close.

thinkthrice's picture

Or in my case:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
My Mom's Mom PASed her out
And My Mom PASed us out too

goincrazy.com's picture

Or in my case

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I hate SD16
She hates me too

shenanigans's picture

Thank you! She is adorable. After reading through posts on here, I realize I am a lucky step and that SD has adjusted well even though she lives two completely different lifestyles week to week.

Thank you again.

Stepdrama2020's picture

I know this is almost a ten year old post wonder if SD still writes you poetry? 

My ex SD wouldve wrote

Roses are red

violets are blue

I wish you were dead

or at least catch the flu

Disclaimer I dont think SD wouldve wished death on me... but its the only rhyming word I could find Wink

cmd88's picture

Laughing and dying right now. Love it. 

Stepdrama2020's picture

I erased it I thought it was morbid, but I will put it back up 

cmd88's picture

I don't think it was morbid. Too funny! My SD would probably write something like that to me, and I would respond with, "Ohhhh How sweet of you." LMAO

Stepdrama2020's picture

I clearly am not busy today at work. lol

On here I doubt many SD's wouldve been writing sweet poetry. But hey kudos to the OP!

cmd88's picture

Haha I am not busy today either, surprisingly and I am quite ok with that. Yeah, I doubt it too. I can't even think of anything clever to follow with you guys on this. But I am sure going to try since I have a couple of more hours of work to waste.... lmao*ROFL*

Stepdrama2020's picture

Im sure your SD couldve wrote quite the doozie. But her poetry wouldve been to herself.

She probably wrote that old song "I'm a barbie girl in the barbie world......"

floralsm's picture

At this moment in time my SD8 would write: 

Roses are red,   

Violets are blue, 

My mummy hates you,

And makes me hate you too. 

My SS9 would write:

Roses are red, 

Violets are blue,

Mummy doesn't love me,

but I love you.

Super sad how toxic HCBM treats her kids. This is why I'm dealing with a manipulated and enmeshed SD, and a SS who wishes to live with us full time. Ugh.