You are here

Why would BM buy her that!!!

hbell0428's picture

Sadly my SD15 nana/mother passed away last week, she was a wonderful person! So, BM takes SD to get something to wear. DH and I walk into to funeral and just about fall on the floor. Here's SD in heels (her mother that were to big) black nylons and a tight black skirt that looked like it was for a 4 year old it was so short. 3 people asked where her "skirt" was it was so short. Her butt was hanging out the bottom almost!! I mean really?? at a funeral.......why would her mom do that!!

skylarksms's picture

BM is making sure that her daughter knows from a young age how to make money with her body...

branmuffin97's picture

Because that's the style...and 15yo's care about current clothing trends. My mother's wedding dress was super short..because it was the style. She wanted to look like Ali McGraw and wear mini's all the time. And the last thing BM wanted was to fight over skirt length when dealing with a death...especially when, I'm sure, 4 out of 5 skirts were super short.

branmuffin97's picture

At 15, you are likely wearing adult sizes. Generally, you can readily find short/trendy or matronly. At 15, I'm going trendy...Hell, at 37, if I have to choose...I'm going trendy over matronly. I guess I also don't equate short with slutty. I certainly haven't seen...nor would I wear, a skirt with shorts under it. My girls had them..in elementary school.

beyond pissed-off's picture

I am all for trendy but I think we need to teach the kids that certain events have a dress code. For funerals it is conservative and somber, regardless of your normal personal style. That shows respect for the grieving family. An outfit that calls attention to an individual in the congregation - for any reason - is disrespectful and shows that the person cares more about their clothing than the deceased or their family.

hbell0428's picture

I agree 100%.....how you dress at work is diff from on the weekends or a night out........

hbell0428's picture

I have children of my own......and I would be hell bent on making sure my children looked nice; not skanky. Other family members where questioning the clothes......that's embarrasing! What kids need to be taught is that you CAN be "attractive" w/ clothes on. I think the more you leave to the imagination the better! I know what kids wear.......YOu should see how my 12 year old thinks she is going to go to school w/ her makeup!! LOL - ya right.......but there is a time and place for everything..

Thanks for all your input!! and comments

ms.blessed.n.distressed's picture

Umm BM is dumbass... Really>>!! Why would BM let SD wear something to Nana's funeral that she know Nana would disapprove of?? I doubt SD threw a fit about it, BM probably picked it out herself bc she IS that dumb. Anywho... My kids will never be allowed to dress likes skanks until they are out of my house. There are more than PLENTY stylish yet modest clothes for teens. I should know I was and still am one of them. I never dressed like a slut and I always had on some fashionable clothing. It can be done, it is always being done. By A) Kids that don't want to be labeled as a slut Dirol Kids that have self respect C) PARENTS THAT CARE!!! Lol.