You are here

Why does BM need to be so money hungry

lprp's picture

My DH and I have been together 6 years married 3. For the last 4 years taxes have been no problem. Taxes get done e-filed and boom a week or so later we have our money!! The last 2 years however are a different story. BM files taxes and claims both of my DH DD. The problem with that is in their divorce papers (which were filed by BM) states that my DH gets to claim youngest SD for all tax years and BM get to claim oldest SD all tax yrs. BM claimed last year that who ever files first get to claim both, and this year it was well since youngest SD doesn't visit then BM gets to claim her again.

My beef is that because of her doing this we now have to mail our taxes in with a copy of the tax portion of the divorce papers and the tax for the BM signed saying she wouldn't claim youngest SD any tax years. So now we get red flagged have to wait 6-12 weeks for returns and every year get a nasty gram from the IRS telling to make sure we are claiming the right dependents on our taxes. No sh&t we know who can and can't claim, it is the stupid BM who needs to pull her head out of her a$$..

And when my DH was paying child support it was never enough. When I bought my DH a different car (we were dating at the time) BM went down to CS claiming that DH was making more money and in turn she needed an increase in CS. Poor BM was slapped in the face on that one because the vehicle was in my name due to the fact that she ruined DH credit while they were married. We are still paying some of the collections that she had when they were married. BM wants everything for nothing.

And since last July oldest SD has been living with us. Oldest SD has learning disability and BM put her on SSI but SD has never seen a dime of it. Boose smokes and tattoos and whatever BM and her DH wanted to spend it on. Both SD had hand me down clothes. Even when my DH was paying child support the SD never saw any of it.

It just pisses me off that as the SD SM I am trying my best to do what is right for them. And to top it all off youngest SD is a lying little b&$*h, who I want nothing to do with. The last time we saw her was last year April when she couldn't stand where she was living, so being the good guys we took her out and she stayed with DH parents. Until she was spending all her time with her mom. I told DH go get her crap from your parents take her phone away and move her back to BM house since she is there all the time any way. Aop after that youngest SD doesn't contact us and if she does it is because we are a last resort if she has nothing to do.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I could go on more but just get me upset

misSTEP's picture

Well, I don't know about the last part of your post, but as to the first part...the next time your DH goes to court (and he will, if she is anything like most of these high conflict types), he needs to have the judge make BM sign a form 8443 (??). There is a box on there that shows "All Future Years". Make sure that is checked and you can just do it that way. Not sure if it will hold things up or not but that's the way to do it...unless he can get her to sign one on his own but I doubt it.

Disneyfan's picture

Wait, dad doesn't pay CS and the kid hasn't been in your home in almost year, why doesn't mom just go to court and have the tax thing changed?

Why should he (or her)be able to claim a kid he isn't helping to support? Each should claim the one kid that lives in their home.

lprp's picture

That is the funny thing. Dh went to BM house and told her he would file the form (8332) that would give BM the right to claim youngest SD and he also told her she can't claim the oldest SD cause she is 18 and will have to file next year and she isn't living with BM either. BM said she isn't going to agree with it. DH even told her she would get more money if he signed the tax form and she still said NO. So next year she is going to screw her own DD at tax time.

The reason DH doesn't pay child support is because when oldest SD moved in with us, DH & BM went to mediation and BM chose to stop CS because they would each have a child.. We were not going to argue on that, BM got what she wanted. And now that BM is getting another divorce she wants DH to start paying child support again.. BM has no job so is trying to get money any way she can. BM is 38 and has never been on her own she jumps from one to the next and relies on parents to help in a jam.

Disneyfan's picture

BM is stupid for not going to court and getting everything changed. But she should be the only claiming the youngest since the kid is living with her. You can't agree to drop CS, not have the kid in your home but still expect to claim the child. :?

It looks like they are both money hungry.

lprp's picture

BM gets very agitated any time DH has taken her to court. BM wants to do everything on own and leave the courts out of it. DH on the other hand prefers going through the courts so there are documents to prove who gets what etc. Youngest SD chooses not to come over. DH told BM he would sigh the tax form so she could claim youngest SD. BM said no and she is filing her taxes however she wants to.

ocs's picture

stories like this make me glad BM is a welfare whore that doesn't claim taxes since she makes nothing... or something like that... }:)

morethanibargainedfor's picture

Is it a significant amount of money that you would get from claiming?
If its not; I wouldn't even worry about it. Is it worth the hassle and having to deal with BM?
As much as it might seem like you are giving in to BM, I just look at it like im winning because I don't have to deal with her.
When it comes to money/Court stuff we just give her what she wants to shut her up (if its no biggie).
Shes mentioned a couple of times shes going to take us to court to increase child support (even though she makes more than us) and I looked up the table and we would have to pay $50 more a month than we do now. So we just give it to her. It avoids court and avoids us having to hear her stupid voice and see her whorish face lol.
Its not giving in when it benefits you too Smile

stubbs's picture

JUST had BM take DH back to court to try and get kids for income tax. He finally won one! They said NO, it was part of the divorce. One year she took then off and he had to send all the paperwork. If you file first, she will have to prove that you are wrong. Your stuff will go through fine. Then they will come after her to prove that she can take the credit. Get your taxes in first!