You are here

Why do they have to sleep with us?!?!?!?!?

karjam407's picture

:jawdrop: I understand the whole guilty dad syndrome that everyone speaks of! BUT This is just annoying the hell out of me though! At the beginning I had a problem with them not going to bed when they were supposed to. Now I have them asking dada if they can sleep in our bedroom on the floor! What does dada say?? YEA! He doesnt care! Its been 3 weeks and they have spent every night with us except one. There is a perfectly good bedroom they could be sleeping in! Why the hell do they have to sleep with us! Why the hell cant husband say (NO!)

And where the hell is our alone time? NON existant until the little princesses leave in another two weeks! OMG! I just dont know how to handle this.

AND THAT DAMN BABY TALK!!! GRATES MY DAMN NERVES EVERY DAMN TIME!

SuperrStepMom's picture

Great idea! then they will get jealous and territorial over what used to be "their room" and never want to leave it. Do this!

not.the.crazy.one's picture

Oh I LOVE this suggestion!!!!!

instantfamily's picture

Oooooh, Kay has a GREAT suggestion! Take their room! I'd totally hook up a t.v. in there and make it fun for me- I WISH my skids were only with me for the summer! IMHO, you are lucky. Ours come back in 3 weeks and I'm already getting hives.

oncechoosetosmile's picture

Yes.Leave and sleep in their room as soon they come.This is better than fighting about it and he will learn his lesson faster.No sex.Alone in his bed, with kids on the floor.Boooorrrring.Try it.It works:)

bi's picture

where did she make a wish and where did she say she was moving out? as usual, your comments are from out of nowhere and have nothing to do with what was posted. are you constantly drunk?

SMof2Girls's picture

Then they'd be one step closer to the divorce they should be getting. If my DH ever allowed his children to sleep in my bedroom, and then threw a mantrum because I left to sleep in another room, I think I'd banish all three of them to sleep in the kids' room and reclaim MY bed.

planningMyEscape's picture

Well...from a kid's standpoint, I get wanting to sleep w/parents. I was always terrified to sleep alone and I let my bios (ages 2 and 5) sleep w/me. That being said, I would NOT feel comfortable w/the steps sleeping in our room at all ever. If they didn't want to sleep alone, I'd tell their dad to go sleep in their room before I let them ever sleep in mine.

SuperrStepMom's picture

You really ought to just tell him that this is not acceptable-that it is YOUR room for you and your husband. This is why they have a room. That is YOUR space and children should not be allowed in their parents' room unless they knock and are granted permission-not to sleep! Have you talked to your husband and told him how much this makes you feel invaded, dismissed, and how it just generally makes you feel? If so, how did he respond? He ought to take action to defend his wife's feelings and not choose the child, especially over something like personal boundaries in your home together. If he does not defend and support you and enforce them sleeping in their room, then that is not acceptable and you ought to tell him so. If he still does not do it, tell him and the girls you will be taking over "their room" and it will become your "second room". Make it look appealing. Your husband doesn't get sex, food made for him, or any other wifely things done until he starts acting like a husband. That is what I would do if my husband didn't back me up. He will break within a week.