You are here

why do i always do this? i dig my own damn grave

dispiritedstepmom2011's picture

so sunday night sd asks if she can have bm drop her off at her friends house and hang out for a few hours. she gave me the info where she would be, i said i would pick her up at 10. sd texts me a half hr later and says pick me up at 8:30...ok cool.

so its like 8:30 and im pulling onto the friends street when sd texts me to pick her up at my parents house which is a few streets away....i ask why, get no answer....pull up to my parents house and text sd asking if she was inside....she doesnt answer but texts me saying to pick her up at friends...but at 9. nope, im almost there.

sd isnt at the friends! the parents said they walked around the neighborhood.....sd tells me, in a text, to just pick her up at 10 or 'whenever'....fuck that!

i text her and tell her im going home, her friends parents can bring her home....of course they cant its the same excuse with ALL her friends parents. so i get home and wake up bf (who called off work cause he wasnt feeling well) and told HIM to go get the damn brat.

asshole is 'too tired'....so i go and get her after almost 2hrs and after a billion texts from her about getting her cause her friend had to go inside but sd wasnt allowed....they left her outside their home at night...nice.

told sd i wasnt going to bring her/pick her up from anywhere anymore. i missed an evening of homework cause she played this cat-n-mouse game.

gladtheyrenotmine's picture

Scratch that...
Two words: walking shoes. A bike would actually be the nice thing, but she doesn't sound very nice so fuck that.

dispiritedstepmom2011's picture

lol, yeah, and of course he uses the 'sick-card'....funny how i was able to take care of sd when bd5 was born after emergency c-section, and i lied to the hospital about feeling ok to go home the very next day (bd was taken to a better hospital with a NICU an hr away....so i NEEDED to get out of there to go see my baby)...and when i had my miscarriage, and when i had broncitis a couple of times to the point of needing to be bedridden,the list can go on. woman are soooo much stronger than men.

she's at a friends right now and i told bf and bm i am NOT getting her so one of them needs to step up. we'll see how it goes.

imjustthemaid's picture

Ok SD15 does this to me all the time. She will text me and say pick me up here and a time. Then when I am almost there she asks if I can get her later instead. I used to do it because its extra time away from her but now I say no, its now or never. DH is always at work when this happens. But he got a taste of it a few weeks ago:
SD texted me and said pick me up at my friends house at 3. I said ok but then DH was on his way home from work so I told him to go. He gets there and no SD. He calls her and she says oh I forgot I went to the mall with my friend and her mother. He was pissed and told her now she can get a ride home.

Now I pick her up late from everywhere so I am not stuck waiting for her. I text her about 15 minutes before I actually leave the house and I tell her I am on my way and to be ready. She doesn't know I am still sitting home. Usually by the time I get there I still have to wait for her to get her shit together or to get back from whereever they walked to. Its so frustrating!!

duct_tape's picture

My girls have pulled a much much milder version of this on my husband before. I ripped them a new one, they apologized and NEVER did it again. He was too nice to get mad at them, but voiced his frustration to me, about them.

Ommy's picture

Honestly if someone did that crap to me they wouldnt need a phone because it would be school-home that would be it for a month. if it happened twice two months. accountability is key. These brats need to learn work ethic and responsibility and yes that does start with teenage years with being ready on time, and doing home work.

buterfly_2011's picture

next time leave her. When he wakes up and wonders where she is well then he can text her. You are not the babysitter. That would be the last time I did any favors. And it is a FAVOR to ask you to look after HIS kid. Afterall we are only appreciated when we can GIVE something. NEVER any other time. Only when they WANT WANT WANT!

hismineandours's picture

Yeah, I would NEVER do this for my ss-i wouldnt even do it for my own kids. I HATE "running errands", picking up/dropping off etc-my kids all know this so try to get rides home whenever possible-in fact that is typically something they have to obtain before they are given permission to do things. When I do pick up-I better not have to wait more than a couple of minutes or they hear it from me. I tell them all the time that my time is very valuable to me. When I have to run around to pick them up-it prevents me from going anywhere myself and prevents me from working on things at home without interruption.

imjustthemaid's picture

Speaking of kids wanting to be picked up SD went to the mall with her friends today. I stupidly assumed they would drop her off when they are done since she never mentioned a need to be picked up. She knows I don't like to drag the kids out at night to pick her up. So I havent heard from her all day. Now its 7pm and I just get a text asking to pick her up!! I called DH and of course he doesn't answer.

If I say no then some poor parent has to drive her home and thats not fair to them. I am gonna tell her she has to wait there and DH will get her on his way home from work. He is gonna be pissed off because wherever she is, she is out of the way. I can't win!

oneoffour's picture

I think the problem with this is ...TEXT.
Disable the text function on her phone and restrict her call range for a month.
If she didn't have texting she would HAVE to be where she said she would be. As for the parents, call them on it. Call them and ask them why your SD was not allowed in their home after dark. Has she done something wrong? Is there something you should know about?

Yeah and disable her texting abilities.

old-blue-eyes's picture

Looks like sd had you running around in circles. I betcha this was a GAME on her part. Don't play it again for your own sanity. Doesn't she have a voice instead of texting. In my opinion she made a fool out of you. What goes around comes around, Do not let her use you as an A-HOLE! Stupid kid
P.S. Next time tell her to take a taxi cab

"We Are Responsible For Our Own Actions"