You are here

Why are our SO's so petty and immature when they are upset?

georgina29's picture

For example I have a trip planned. Im going without my husband even though he was invitied and I expressed Id love for him to go. He cannot go because of the skids. But I am going anyways because I have obligations (a friends wedding). Now my husband is acting very immature and pretty towards me and it has been nonstop moodiness from him lately. It is very immature. Why cant he be happy for me? He says he is but clearly he is not.

fakemommy's picture

My DH is not petty or immature when he's upset about something. However, if you keep giving his mantrums attention, he's going to keep having them. He says he's happy for you, so believe him (whether or not it is the truth) and stop asking about it. It's up to him to get over it at this point.

dysfunctionally_blended's picture

Yup typical mantrum! Ignore ignore ignore. I can guarantee jealousy is fueling this fire and he wants you to be miserable and annoyed while you are supposed to be enjoying your vacation. 

Go, have fun. Don't give this much attention. 

Harry's picture

he doesn’t want go with out SK,  That is on him

notsobad's picture

Your SO is a small petty person and he’s proven this to you over and over.

You need to decide what you want in your life. He’s shown you who he really is, believe him!

Maxwell09's picture

Most of the time people revert back to the classics of past relationships to get what they want from their new partner. Emotional blackmail, silent treatments, gaslighting and guilting, manipulating. I remember the first time DH tried the silent treatment on me. It was normal warfare in his relationship with BM. Too bad I went 21 years before DH as a loner. I was his first real relationship after BM split so it through him for a loop when I was completely unbothered by it. We had a talk very early on, after this failed attempt, about how there are ways to disagree as a couple without taking it to an emotionally abusive level. I do not budge when I feel like I am being manipulated so talking it out and reasoning will always be his best bet. I am not saying excuse his behavior, but if it's something that used to work for him in his past relationship then you know he's just desperate. 

Thumper's picture

Because your DH is worried you will get too tipsy and hook up with your an old friend from school "THE GROOMSMAN"? Waking up in the morning thinking OH MY GOD.."it never happend, it never happened" as you reach for your bra hanging from the hotel ceiling fan in the ball room?????

He is worried you will get too tipsy, grab the DJ mike and start spilling the beans about SKIDS and DH, calling BM a tramp?

He is worried you will reallyyy enjoy being away from him and decide to stay longer?

He doesnt know what to do while your gone since u always did everything?

Maybe DH loves you and cant spend a night alone with out you tinkering around the house???*angel*