You are here

Why are men such big babies ? ?

omgsaveme's picture

My DH has been sick for the past couple of days with the flu, I get it, Ive had the flu and it sucked, but MY GOD. You would think he is on his death bed, he's been in bed every second since he's been sick. He acts like he can't do anything. Every time I ask him if he's starting to feel better, he will cough and say no. Today his fever is starting to go away and every time Ive taken his temp and its normal, he starts up a coughing fit to show he's still sick followed by "I just need to get rid of this cough".

Im the type if Im sick, Im sick, but it doesn't stop me from anything. I gotta do what I gotta do and I understand feeling crappy but my goshhhhh, its so overboard. Anyone else's DH act like they are dying when they are sick ?

omgsaveme's picture

LOL, that is hilarious and why women have the babies. A cold to me is like having a runny nose, ya its annoying, but it doesn't mean bed for me. He was moaning, seriously moaning the first night over and over for 30 minutes. Im just like geez, can you get over it already and stop acting like you're dying. I love him and he's great but come on.

derb84123's picture

my DH is also a jerk when hes sick. Take the normal baby attitude and throw on jerkface. If I don't show him enough sympathy he gets mad at me saying I'm uncaring. It is ridiculous! Big ol Baby

sbm014's picture

I'm sick right now too and neither DH nor I slept last night really. I didn't because I was sick and he didn't because he is still on his work schedule (works nights offshore). Today he kept making comments "I know you don't feel good baby but I'm so tired can you blah blah blah".

Like seriously? I have a fever I legit made it to work (79.6 miles ONE way) and felt so sick grabbed my laptop and came home though I did get a little nap as he was gone I am still exhausted and haven't touched a lick of work which is rare as he makes fun of me for doing emails constantly to stay caught up.

omgsaveme's picture

yep, my DH kept me up all night coughing, sniffling, couldn't breathe, sneezing, shower running, grunting, bitching, complaining. I was f*ckin pissed this morning when I got up, PISSED. You can take your ass downstairs and do all that complaining

sbm014's picture

I mainly just laid there because I couldn't sleep...and like I said he kept the fire going but he knows I feel like crap but is making it seen like he has it worse just because he's tired.

His buddy came over for dinner and I will say he did say he would so the dishes but now I told him I needed to come lay down so they are his problem or at least not mine until tomorrow. I feel like crap and have done way more than my share today.

omgsaveme's picture

lol derb my DH does the same thing, he will get mad if I don't baby him enough. Earlier today he came downstairs and made himself some food. 5 minutes before I had just been upstairs asking him if he needed anything and as he's walking away says " Well I have to eat something or ill just waste away" OK grumpy ass

omgsaveme's picture

Lol yep just now I went upstairs cause he texted me asking me if he should take more medicine now ?? I texted yes back a few minutes later, so when I poured his medicine he says "I already took it cause I texted you ten minutes ago and by the time you texted back I had already taken it". Im sorry Ive been taking care of four kids, the household, and you my 5th child for the last few days lol.

omgsaveme's picture

OMG I am going to flip my shit, took DHs temperature and it was normal, not even a slight fever. He of course is still laying in bed acting like he's still soooooo sick. DH I know you're enjoying your vacation but its time to get your ass up and moving, its been 5 days already

omgsaveme's picture

Lol yep, next he will hold the thermometer under hot water to make it seem like his fever is back up. I'm not even kidding this guy will sit there and wait for me to take the thermometer out of his mouth and tell him what his temp is. My manly man is acting like a baby.

I'm taking my daughter and leaving the house to get out for a bit today.

stepinafrica's picture

LOL! My DH once got mad at me for a week because I refused to say home with SS7 all day while he pretended to be sick. I quickly sent him off to school, carefully ignoring DH's glaring eyes.

omgsaveme's picture

Exactly, this is just annoying. We have too much going on for him to be sitting here on vacation. Enough already.

goincrazy.com's picture

LMAO- I feel the same way and I think it's because my dad NEVER called in sick. My entire childhood into adulthood I can honestly say he NEVER called in sick. My dad is a manly man and you are expected to "suck it up" even if you feel like shit you get your ass to work. Definitely. not. my. FDH.

goincrazy.com's picture

FDH is the BIGGEST baby ever- drives me nuts. He just thinks I'm mean haha. I'm not- I KNOW this is WAY different then a cold but I have to share.
FDH recently got a reversal, his surgery was very similar to the original vasectomy had minimal swelling and some discomfort (he had pain meds as well but it wasn't as bad as he thought) but had to take it easy the first 36 hours or so and stay laying down..........We are on day 13 (after surgery) and he's just now starting to get up.......he grunted and groaned and huffed and puffed every time he shifted or moved a finger. NOT kidding. Now before some of you think I'm heartless- I gave him 4 days of supportive loving care, bringing him snacks and making all his meals and serving it to him in bed, changing sheets while he was drying off after I helped him in the shower ETC. I have handled EVERYTHING (then SD16 decideds to stop by with her boyfriend and he's mr. perky and sitting on the couch hanging out in the living room :jawdrop: )
Then I could tell he was feeling better and was just loving being waited on. I was EXHAUSTED when I went back to work and he was getting on my damn nerves being so damn needy. He says I'm sick of him- he won't admit to putting on a slight act. I'm over it

omgsaveme's picture

Exactly, my mom is super dramatic when she's sick, one time she was sick and throwing up, she was crawling on the ground to the toilet and crying and flailing all over the place. No joke, my dad would get sick and he would keep on going and I have always been this way. I can't stand weak people, and he's usually go go go which is why this is pissing me off. Now he came downstairs for two seconds and said I didn't sleep all night, I said probably because you slept all day yesterday, his response, No I didn't sleep yesterday. He slept all morning and afternoon yesterday.

He made a comment about having sex, you are so sick but yet you aren't sick enough to not have sex.

sbm014's picture

Haha my DH got back from taking SS to school - mind you I got up to help get him dressed as DH threw a fit he was tired and didn't want to get up and 90% it is easier to get SS to get him up though he does fine when I am not home.

I still have a mild fever and just don't feel well at all on top of the fact I get to work from home 2 days a week I took advantage and though couldn't sleep in have started catching up on laundry and stuff I didn't do yesterday (DH cooks and yard work and I pretty much do all other inside stuff).

Anyways he gets back lays down on the couch and barks for a light to be turned off I solely pay electricity so had no issue I was going to turn it off in a second anyways.

Well I am sitting here doing emails and he makes the comment "Yes I am going to be this lazy and you did it yesterday" um excuse me? I got up at my normal time went to work, came home took a nap and still cleaned up your mess from working on stuff while feeling like complete poop just because I don't feel good isn't a excuse to use it as a reason of why you shouldn't.

omgsaveme's picture

so you can still push through but your DH can just lay there ?? Id wait till the next time DH wants sex, and say sorry Im lazy, you did it yesterday. Now to give DH credit, the man does a lot for the household but we honestly do not have time for this. Like i said before, we have a LOT going on and a lot of stuff to take care of.

sbm014's picture

I will say in his defense he has been stuck on his work schedule (noon-3am) since SS hasn't had school.

However we went to bed together last night and I think he am have been on his phone for like a hour after I said I was done but still.

I guess what gets me is I didn't say a word I was doing emails when he made the comment and he knows for me to come out and say I don't feel good is a big deal.

I did make a comment that I also cleaned up the kitchen mess that wasn't food nor mine so his friend could come over last night (it was from him working a dirt bike because it was to cold to do it outside) - you could see a semi like oh fuck I put my foot in my mouth look.

However now he automatically had energy to work on the UTV but my do housework I will say though I have heard more thank you'd over cleaning up than I think I ever have I think maybe the realization I'm sick is hitting him again.

omgsaveme's picture

Ya I think men only like to see one side of things until you point it out to them. This does give me some insight to being a single mother with 4 kids, and its not bad I tell you…..its not bad. So at least I know if this buttonhole and I don't work out…….goodbye DH lol.