You are here

Who's Up For A Cabin Get-A-Way?

stepwitch's picture

For serious inquiries only!!!!!

For real, I have a cabin about 45 min away from Memphis. It is just an old cabin by the lake. Two Bedrooms, Bath w/shower only, full stocked kitchen, running water (but we bring drinking water-well water), air conditioning, TV/DVD, Screened in porch that overlooks the lake. Our cabin is in a private sport/hunting club - its very private and only a few couples there on the weekends. Hubby and I are in the process of building a floating dock. Should be ready in a week or two. Jon Boat, for floating or fishing. No license necessary - private lake. Kinda like upscale camping with style. The cabin is real like walking into a time capsule from the 60's. Oh it can sleep about 12-15. 2 full size beds, ant chaise that makes into a full size bed, two futons that make into a full size beds, porch hide a full size bed. So there is plenty of room, and really don't spend alot of time in the cabin unless it's raining.

Grilling food, big breakfeasts, bom fires, fishing, hiking in woods, napping, drinking, fun !!

Anyone interested in planning a step getaway, let me know. This could be a great fun time!!!!

Post if interested with possible dates?

BabygotBack1988's picture

id love to but jst cant get to america plus id probly die on the plane bit clostophobic especially all that time lol

life is a box of choclates you never know what your going to get (i always pick the coffe of the box what about you ) Blum 3

KittyKat's picture

I hope more people respond! This would be awesome! ROAD TRIP!

I don't have little kids to plan around, so you pick a weekend, and I'll save the date!

stepwitch's picture

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!

Nymh's picture

Hopefully it's East of Memphis, then it's towards my part of TN.

I can go pretty much any weekend except July 18-20. I would prefer it be before October because that's when I'm due! But there's a possibility that BF will get all sad and try to keep me from going. He doesn't like it when I'm away. Unless of course he's invited too! (Of course I don't expect that lol)

I get off work around 5 and it would probably be a few hours' drive for me.

*~So sayeth Nymh~*

stepwitch's picture

You can tell him that I'm a nurse and will take care of you.

Stepwitch

stepwitch's picture

Date not set yet, just trying to get a feel about who would be interested, looks like a date should be set.

Stepwitch

Most Evil's picture

will almost certainly still be broke. I will see what I can do though! It would be so fun and great to see you all!!

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin

stepwitch's picture

not sure where your coming from. private me your email or text number.

Stepwitch

Sita Tara's picture

I am still trying to figure out a way to organize a SM retreat for us. BUT...if we can start getting together in smaller groups, each one can brainstorm on how to do a real retreat.

I will have to check with DH to see if I could get there or not. Can you send me the name of the town your cabin is in so I can see exactly how far it is from me (and my inlaws? I know DH said Memphis is very doable from their house. It would depend as Nymh said, 45 mins from Memphis- which direction!

Let us know!

stepwitch's picture

First of all, I don't want to hear, I can't afford- BLs bla bla. Because I said it a free weekend. All you have to do is drive (gas would be the most expensive thing). Second of all, our cabin is northwest about 45 min from Memphis. Closest small town is Brownsville. 40towards Nashville, then 385 to Arlington, then right down and on hwy 70.

I don't know about how everyone feels, but spouses may not appreciate us venting about our lives or their kids. It is so funny, I told crüe that no one was interested. This sounds like so much fun. We could do a long weekend.

Stepwitch

stepwitch's picture

And give me your email and I will be happy to send pics.

Stepwitch

stepwitch's picture

I will even pick you up at the airport. yep yep yep

StepLightly's picture

Yes, by plane. Don't think my broom would carry my fat ass that far!

stepwitch's picture

Your toooooo funny !!

Stepwitch

KittyKat's picture

We'll probably come back feeling 20 years younger, twenty pounds lighter, and a HELL OF A LOT HAPPIER!!!

stepwitch's picture

Good, your my girl !!

Stepwitch

evilsm's picture

Just don't know where I would tell my DH I was going. Wink

~Evil

If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders. ~Abigail Van Buren

stepwitch's picture

Haven't seen you in a while !!!!!!! Good to see your Bette Face !! PM me and give me your email and I will send you pics, I really hope you can come!!!!!! i just don't know where your at.

Stepwitch

evilsm's picture

I have just been trying to get along and patch some things up with DH. I have a post coming today...the bitch is back! BM is acting like her old crazy self so I will post that later. I'll PM you will my addy.

~Evil

If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders. ~Abigail Van Buren

stepwitch's picture

Just tell him you have been invited by an old friend for a weekend camp out.

Stepwitch

Sita Tara's picture

I just sent this to SW and SarahB via PM, but....

My inlaws don't live far from Sarah B, so I could take Anna and SD down to them on a Thur (six hour drive) spend the night there. Then I could hook up with SB in the morning and drive on to the cabin fri afternoon. Stay til Sunday, drive back to Inlaws and spend the night, then drive back with SD and Anna. That way it's not like 10-12 hours alone in the car straight through!

Let's throw out some possible dates.

Also, how many can we sleep in there?

"Om Tare Tutare Ture Mama Ayurpunye Jnana Putin Kuru Svaha"
~Sita Tara Mantra

stepwitch's picture

If possible, I hope that everyone can find another that lives close and car pool. For several reasons, safety etc. Anyway, we can meet in memphis and follow to cabin or whatever. I'm getting sooooo excited. think of it as the BIGGEST BITCH FEST - ever !!

Stepwitch

stepwitch's picture

If you take 155 from missouri, it crossed the MS right into Tennessee. Close to Dyersburg, millington in 1 hour from dyersburg, so when you get to dyersburg you will be closer to brownsville than millington. 155 is of of 55.

Stepwitch

losingmymind's picture

Have you decided on a date yet? That would be great to get away if it were possible!

Chel Bell's picture

i WOULD love TO GO, MY INCREDIBLE, LOVING dh, told me I could do it, he would stay home to watch baby.......yeah, I got the good stuff!!! Need to know when!"~waiting on the world to change~"

sparky's picture

You got room for one more sleeping bag? After all you may not have enough room for all these people.

Sita Tara's picture

And let SW pick the date that hopefully all of us can come.

I will check my calendar for when we have things specifically planned that would exclude those dates.

We'd better start crackin' or we'll never do it!

"Om Tare Tutare Ture Mama Ayurpunye Jnana Putin Kuru Svaha"
~Sita Tara Mantra

weebabe's picture

So wish I could get to America. Hope everyone who can go does go and you all have an excellent time

Sita Tara's picture

I haven't looked up where you are from yet, but there must be other SMs there!

I would love to revisit a retreat idea. SW was gracious enough to host twice last year. This year a few of us met up in ST Louis for a baby shower of a member.

Now that BD3 is in preschool, I may start looking into the retreat business.

When I saw you had commented on this older thread, I was hoping SW was tossing out another invite!

SIGH....

weebabe's picture

So much other shit going on in my head didn't think to look at the date lol.
I'm in Scotland btw

faith2's picture

I live in slc utah. would I be invited even though I am not a stepmom anymore. Or would it be uncomfortable?

Sita Tara's picture

I feel anyone who's lived thru and survived this situation is and will forever be part of the StepSistahood.

Unfortunately, there's no retreat currently scheduled.

But we could start looking to spring if everyone's interested. I'm in OH, and I've met ST people from NM, CO, KY, AR ,KY, MO, IN, TN...am I missin' anybody?

There's a women's retreat center in NY ithat I have been thinking about booking if we had interest. They are very affordable, and I believe they take requests for special subjects. Surely SM's would fall into that category. But I also attend an all women's writing retreat every April in OH so I can't do two very close together.

anabihibik's picture

I'd like to try to see them stop me from going again, and I'm not a SM. I go to be part of the peanut gallery and drink them all under the table and be the last one up..... And, make inappropriate hot dog comments..... And, sink my teeth into some jello shots..... Wink How is this the first I'm reading this forum topic? What planet have I been on?

To every thing there is a season.

Sita Tara's picture

That time we had about 6 or 7 planning to come- then SB's FIL (or father? Can't remember) became ill, CG broke her collar bone a week or two before and couldn't fly out, Sunshine (I think) got guilted into not coming by her DH, etc.

It ended up just SW (of course- her cabin) me, Harley, and Kathleen (miss you on here!) Then b/c of CG's inability to join us, SW quickly offered up cabin retreat number two where more made it, including you.

I'm hoping we can get another retreat together soon, but am looking for ways to not put SW out again. She's put a lot of work into those two retreats. Smile

anabihibik's picture

I claim being busy at work and exhausted on this one. Smile

To every thing there is a season.