You are here

who takes care of YOU when youre sick?

startingover2010's picture

i have a pretty bad cold, and today my head is punding like all hell. my parents are on vacation, and bd3's father is living up north now. basically i have, as i always did, to suck it up and still run the show.

it got to thinking about how even when bd3's father and i were together, i never got a 'sick day'. even when i was nearly non functional, he never stood up to help me. and when HE was sick, he was able to rest unitterupted.

who takes care of YOU when youre sick, or do you have to nurse yourself and still do everything?

stepsoftly's picture

I am blessed with a thoughtful FDH who takes care of me when I'm sick... I do the same for him and we both care for SD when she is sick. Wish you ladies had the same blessing but I do know how you feel -- that sounds like me as a single girl, it was no fun.

winehead's picture

My DH is excellent in taking care of things when I'm sick. Sometimes I have to tell him specifically to do xyz, but he does. And he brings me things (water, magazine, blanket, whatever) to the point of sometimes driving me crazy. He's very sweet and I'm so lucky.

SusiQ's picture

For us it depends on what shift DH is working, if he's on nights - it's all on me to take care of DS & myself. But if he's on days - I have no problem telling him I'm not feeling good and I need this or that. He more than willing steps up to the plate and takes care of things. Especially right now with 8 or so more weeks till the baby comes and I'm feeling like a stretched to the limit punching bag.

glynne's picture

My DH travels quite a bit and my job is demanding so I just have to suck it up.

When DH is home, he'll take care of me and do the housework, run errands etc. I hate to ask him though because he's tired from traveling all week.

JustAnotherSM's picture

I take care of myself. I'm almost never sick, but when I am DH is too. So I end up taking care of everyone. Sad