You are here

Where to get my money back for the Engagement ring/wedding band??

OBrien88's picture

Anyone know of any good venue to sell a barely used engagement ring and a never used wedding band? I'm hearing I'm going to be able to get 1/3 - 1/2 of what I initially spent.. Which has me wanting to stab jewelery store CEO's, because lets face it, people suck and the return of these items has to be extremely common, and what money do they stand to lose by taking it back??!??!?!

Anyway.. Let me know, as I am in the market to sell $2,800-$3,000 worth of useless jewelery that no longer means anything to anyone.

:?

Doubletakex3's picture

I had better luck getting my ring appraised and then selling it to an independent buyer. Retails stores want to pay wholesale = 50% of the value. Ebay is a good option as is Craigslist but be careful if you meet anyone and never go alone.

fractioned's picture

Check with independent, locally owned jewelers - bypass Zales, Jared, Kay, etc. I got over $400 back on a pair of (teeny!) diamond earrings that I never thought would be worth that much. The big chains are used to folks just taking whatever they can get and will lowball you.