You are here

When an ex fights for more money/custody.....she does it for herself....not for her kids

liks's picture

I was watching Anderson the other day and they were discussing divorce, alimony, child support etc etc etc....

Anyway, One Guy got up to complain about how much money he gives his ex wife and how he is trying to get it adjusted....she has the kids and over the years she has taken him to court often to try and squeeze even more money out of him....sometimes succeeding...

he stood up and said something that we all know...and I just thought I would repeat it here...."YOU CANNOT HIDE THE FIGHTING AND BITTERNESS OVER MONEY FROM YOUR KIDS....THEY PICK UP ON IT and they start taking sides. "AND IN MY EX WIVES SITUATION, SHE IS A VERY BITTER AND PSYCHOLOGICALLY A LITTLE OFF BALANCE, SHE WOULD EXAGGERATE THE SITUATION TO MY KIDS SAYING I REFUSE TO PAY HER ANY MONEY TO HELP BRING MY OWN CHILDREN UP.' "IN FACT, WHEN SHE WAS SAYING THIS, I WAS GIVING HER OVER TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS A MONTH.....AS A RESULT MY ELDEST SON DOESNT TALK TO ME ANYMORE AND HASNT FOR 7 YEARS, AND AS A RESULT MY DAUGHTER DOESNT TALK TO HER MOTHER'

As a Bio Mum and a SM - boy aint this the way it is.....
If we can fix this, Im sure our lives would be so much better and less stressed.....

hippiegirl's picture

Alot of times, the money doesn't even benefit the skids. My DH's ex liked to spend his CS payments on herself and her boyfriend. Meanwhile, his kid dressed in rags.

baseballgirly's picture

SOs kids are dressed like crap all the time... SOs ex wife asked him for more money 2 years ago saying it was for daycare costs... guess who went to the Olympics a few months later??? NOT the kids!! BM and her boyfriend did!!! Guess who bought a new truck and trailer!?!?!? NOT the kids!!! Kids still wear shoes that are losing their soles and holey sweatpants. I get she has to pay housing costs and groceries and stuff... but SO DO WE!!!! SO shouldn't have to pay for 2 households because his slut of a wife wanted a boyfriend on the side and broke up their marriage. Funny how that all works out. She cheats and is now set for life!!! Stupid system.