You are here

What's been good this week and what hasn't?

dazed's picture

Just thinking about my situation as it goes on and if common ground with others,or differences.
So what's been good for you this week in respect of your situation/skids/bmum/partner etc and what not? If too basic for you I will understand,if you want to join in,write in any format.
Mine are:
(Good)
1. BF told 'SS' to take turns on the playstation and actually stuck to it.And I put my foot down more.He generally responded.
2. The norm is becoming I hug him when he gets out of the car-more affection from me.He did this (I did ask) in front of his Mum's friends in the car park (he wasn't too proud).
3. He made some thoughtful, nice comments about myself/my situation.
Not so good:
1.Still manipulating the day/ bedtime and dragging that out.BF not strong enough/doesn't set boundaries/punishment
2. Still thinking he knows everything about everything-some things he is blatantly wrong and I haven't the energy to argue
3. I think he's fed up of not doing more at BF's house-BF not taking him to the park etc,I'm tired and will not do this every week without BF.And he's asking why I'm tired etc,well it's EW

ColorMeGone2's picture

What's been good this past week has been my husband taking a mini-vacation and getting some well-deserved time off to hang out with me and the kids. We've gotten lots of stuff done around the house we've been wanting to do and have been able to just relax and enjoy ourselves a little.

What's been bad is that yesterday was his birthday and the skids, as usual, ignored it. But we've come to expect that and after so many years of being at the very bottom of their list of priorities, he's getting more and more able to just shrug it off and enjoy his day, anyway.

The ugly part would have to be the hallway leading off our foyer towards the half bath, office, laundry room and garage. We still need to finish painting it! Hopefully, that will happen this week.

♥ Georgia ♥

"Good men don't just happen. They have to be created by us women." (from ROSEANNE)

dazed's picture

Thank you both.Mommy2 I think that if you can at least communicate you are half way there (of course the other half is his actions).In my situation I feel communication has broken down a bit and he's not caring/listening/willing to change or act and that's hard.Keep it up Smile