You are here

What is your weekly visitation schedule with the kids?

Krissy09's picture

Ahhhh...my husband has decided it's time to modify his parenting plan seeking more time with the kids. The BM is 100% against it but does not have the money to go back to court and fight the modification so she has agreed to "review" the proposed plan. My husband and I know that modification of the parenting plan is only allowed once every 3 years so we are trying to not leave anything out! We have the holidays and school breaks resolved but it is the weekly visitation schedule that my husband and BM cannot agree on.

Kids are 7 and 9.

What is your weekly schedule with the kids?

Krissy09's picture

If he has to spend a fortune going back to court he is going to seek 50/50, one week on and one week off. If they can work it out on their own he is going to ask for 8 overnight visits per month instead of the 4 he his currently getting.

Krissy09's picture

"However push 50/50 all the way if bm refuses to cooperate and use her lack of cooperation as a reason for 50/50, parental alienation and all"

Great idea! I would have never thought to state it like this.

nunya1983's picture

Dh pushed BM for 50/50 work less cs paid to BM (BM make more money than dh). Now he had 50/50 and still pays ridiculous amount of child support.

Glassslipper's picture

Echo and I live in the same area, and it's almost impossible to get the courts to do anything BUT 50/50 with CS at little to nothing.
If you try to go outside 50/50 you either need 2 parents that completely agree or thousands of dollars to fight a legal custody battle and even then you rarely will alter from 50/50 our state is VERY VERY 50/50 based!

Krissy09's picture

We are in Georgia. Husband makes decent money and does not mind paying child support. God knows she wouldn't be able to support those kids without his help. The kids are asking us if they can spend more days with us on a regular basis now. Of course husband is all about that.

nunya1983's picture

It's is very odd, dh had SD 3 days and then BM has SD had SD 4 days, then dh has add 4 days, then BM had her 3 days, and then it repeats and so on. Then they split holidays. Then in summer BM had add a whole month with dh taking SD for a weekend in the middle and then dh had add for a month with BM taking SD for a weekend in the middle.

Cover1W's picture

We have this weekday schedule too. I hate it. There's too much back and forth and after school activities are difficult. I'd love week on / week off.

Calypso1977's picture

we have tuesdays and thursdays from 4-8, and every other weekend (a weekend is sat 8am to sunday 6pm). but we never see her as she refuses to come, her mother doesnt force her, and my fiance is not going to spend money to file contempt charges which will go no where. (bm, we are fairly certain, has a probono lawyer).

classyNJ's picture

Every weekend Friday to Sunday night, every other Christmas we get them Christmas Eve, every other Thanksgiving they eat with us. We see them 4 days a week with sports and every holiday.

classyNJ's picture

dup

BethAnne's picture

We used to do 3 weekends a month SD would be with us and then the 4th weekend she'd stay at her moms house. I liked that. It felt like we had a lot more quality time with her and influence but we got a break and an adult weekend every few weeks, which was good for us as a couple. It sort of worked for BM because she couldn't cope for many days in a row with her daughter but she would still be begging my husband to take SD for some time on her weekends.

You could do something like that and maybe do friday to monday morning weekends so that she has around 9 nights a month with her dad? Or perhaps just friday night to sunday night and then have one or two week night visits around BM's weekend?

My warning though is to make sure that you don't go to every weekend because having lived that, it isn't fun and you and your husband won't get the time that you need to reconnect and recharge.

Sports Fan's picture

My BS sees his BD Tuesdays after school until 8pm and every weekend from sometime on Saturday until 8pm Sunday. The time on Saturday was stated as 5:30 in our CO but it is usually after BS's sport on Saturdays. His grandmother comes to his sport and takes him home afterwords. BD lives with grandmother. I have the option of having BS one weekend a month but I don't specifically exercise it unless I have something planned. I realize that BD doesn't get a lot of time so I usually allow him extra. BD is also allowed 2 weeks in the summer and part of school breaks but he usually only take one week in the summer and a day here or there.

DH originally had EOWE and one overnight a week. Then it changed to three weekends a month and no overnights because DH was commuting 3 hours every weekend. Now we are back to EOWE and a dinner in the week. DH hasn't exercised the dinner but usually goes to some skid activity one night a week. We are 45 minutes away from BM so it's hard with DH's work hours and school to do more.

CupAjoe's picture

I get Mon/Weds and every other weekend. 50/50. He wants to do 1 week on 1 week off, but I cant not see my kids for a whole week.