You are here

What is wrong with step daughter?

caitlinj's picture

My SD is only 5 but she has become a real terror. She is generally rude, makes mean hateful comments to everyone, tests to see what she can get away with constantly, throws tantrums suitable for a 2 yr old when she doesn't get her way, hits, kicks and slaps people and animals, won't eat her dinner and plays with her food with her hands and is demanding we always eat something else and her dad gets her whatever she wants, doesnt listen or take no for an answer, etc. Example was I was helping her swim the other day and she told me "don't touch me", "go away and leave me alone" this hurts my feelings and my SO won't believe she said it even though he has witnessed all of her other terrible behaviors. She will not listen and often hits or kicks her brother and regularly says mean things to him or me or others. IS there something worng with her?

lorlors's picture

'her dad gets her whatever she wants'.

She has been allowed to get away with bad behaviour without repercussions from her parent.

Areyou's picture

DD and I stay at least five feet away from SD at all times because she’s been known to hit. Stay away from her. It’s her dads job to fix her. To your question, yes there is something wrong with her. She is a budding ODD (Oppositional defiant disorder) which leads to a sociopathic adult

Disneyfan's picture

You wrote the answer to your question in your post.  As a matter of fact you wrote your answer twice.

"her dad gets her whatever she wants,"

"my SO won't believe she said it even though he has witnessed all of her other terrible behaviors."

This child is 5.  She's the product of your SO's piss poor parenting. The question should be what is wrong with your SO.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

Ignoring the facts doesn't change the facts.

There are millions of men in this world. Men who would treat you better, who have their act together, and aren't terrible awful no-good parents. 

You keep making these posts that illustrate why this is not a good relationship for any woman to be in. And you keep getting the same feedback, yet you've doing nothing to improve your situation. I would like to know why. Please answer me honestly, Caitlin: why haven't you done anything to change the situation?