You are here

What would you do?

midnyt's picture

Hello all,

I posted a few weeks ago about the bullshit that SO's son (not my SS, we arent married but for the purposes of this post will call him SS) pulled at SO's 40th b'day party. Well SS has finally decided to grace us with his presence this weekend and I am still pissed about his behavior that night (about a month ago roughly, i know long time to be angry but this conniving manipulative little SOB is only 11 and this is not the first example of shitty behaviour he has pulled).

My question is, would you say anything to him knowing that he might possibly never come back and see his dad or would you go ahead and say something?

For those of you who didnt see the post here it is in a nutshell:-

SO picked son up early from school friday so he could help set up for party sat night.
SS did nothing but create mess and eat food I was preping for the party
Some wives of guests of party are still VERY friendly with BM and SS turns on the waterworx about how he misses his mother
Wives of guests then take it upon them selves to contact BM and arrange to take SS home from party (SS was due home lunchtime the next day)
Neither SS nor wives bothered to mention anything to SO about SS leaving party until they decided it was time to leave and SS had all his bags packed at the door.

Any advice is very very welcome!

instantfamily's picture

Are you living on the set of Desperate Housewives? Cause it sure sounds like everyone there is acting like a character off of that show! What a bunch of invasive women you have coming to your home! I would keep future parties to the family (and I mean YOURS) and your friends (yours and DH's) so that lingering women aren't involved. Sounds like he's still pretty entwined with ex's friend's husbands, though. That's got to be tough.

smomof2's picture

In this case I think it might be wise if you stay out of it and let SO handle it. He's the one who needs to let his son know that kind of behavior is unacceptable. Good luck

midnyt's picture

I wish i was on the set of Desperate Housewives, at least that isnt real. The funny thing is these people are supposedly SO's friends. He went to school with one of the wives involved and is or was quite close to the hubbys. Who needs enemies when you have friends like this??

You are probably right smof2, I prob should let SO handle it, problem is that he wont, he will just sweep it under the carpet and carry on as if nothing has happened. No wonder BS and the ex walk all over him!

Starla's picture

Common age to want to be the center of attention or act up. How is this boys relationship with his dad? Perhaps he has anger issues towards his father & or is he being brain washed by his BM of how bad his dad is? My advice, step back from the picture & observe the birth parents parenting than decide how you want to address further issues.

Good luck Smile

emotionaly beat up's picture

Well, I hope your DH let's these women know their behaviour was unacceptable. SS did what kids do, he was getting a lot of attention and loving it, his behaviour was pretty normal, obnoxious, but normal enough for teenagers, well kids in general. But the behaviour of these guests in YOUR home, well that was not normal, it was completely inappropriate and if I were you, I'd be more concerned about that. That is completely outrageous. They would not be coming into my home again. What exactly is your DH doing about these women. Please don't say nothing.

Well, I hope your DH let's these women know their behaviour was unacceptable. SS did what kids do, he was getting a lot of attention and loving it, his behaviour was pretty normal, obnoxious, but normal enough for teenagers, well kids in general. But the behaviour of these guests in YOUR home, well that was not normal, it was completely inappropriate and if I were you, I'd be more concerned about that. That is completely outrageous. They would not be coming into my home again. What exactly is your DH doing about these women. Please don't say nothing.

I would not be too worried about SS's behaviour. He behaved the way a lot of kids do, he was getting a whole heap of attention and sympathy and loving it, obnoxious, but normal.

However, the behaviour of these women was anything but normal, who goes into someone else's home and takes control of someone else's child, interferes in the visitation arrangements, and stands by while the child packs his bags. Words fail me.

SS is not your problem, these women are. They are not friends of your husband, and they are certainly not friends of yours, they have just set up a whole heap of trouble for you. They have encouraged this type of behaviour in SS, and by their participation in it, showed him he is right. DH should let them know well and truly they are not welcome in your home again. This is totally outrageous.