You are here

What I've Accomplished Today

B22S22's picture

Filled out online emancipation forms -- CHECK
Printed off 3 white copies, 2 green copies -- CHECK
Put stamps on 3 envelopes to take to court house -- CHECK
Made 3 copies of original CO -- check

Ladies and Gentlemen, after almost 18 years of CS, my DH is on his way to being free. Paperwork will be submitted Friday, he will obtain a court date, and we will cross our fingers that BM doesn't throw a wrench in the cogs of justice.

As a side note, I find it interesting that after pursing a college degree for 15 years, BM finally has one. Lectured DH on how much better her life will be with that degree, and how she was pursuing "corporate opportunities." Mind you, this is the woman who hasn't worked in 18+ years, and her employment history prior to that was a part time waitress at a bar. Funny how she never felt motivated to even consider a job until the SK's turned the age of emancipation.

Yes, she's now living the good life, working 10 hrs a week at a truck stop as a cashier. She's had the job for 2 weeks, let's see just how long this lasts.

B22S22's picture

Nope, no requirement to fund college.

DH and I had decided that "IF" either SK's wanted to go, we'd help them out (not 100%). And DH will continue for a while to help them out financially until they get on their feet job-wise. But DH has made it clear to them he's not just going to hand money over to them to blow, and it certainly won't be the total amount he's been paying in CS all these years. DH has a lot of catching up on his retirement savings to do since his CS obligation has been pretty steep (in this state, CS obligation seems to go up for NCP if CP isn't employed).

This move is to basically take the CS $ out of BM's hands and put some of it where it belongs- with SK's.

B22S22's picture

Mind you, his original CO was almost 18 years ago... before they really started putting that college clause in there.

Now, they typically state college is shared 3 ways between mom, dad, and kid. There is no way in hell BM will want to foot the bill for 2 kids in college with no CS.

I think she's ready to be rid of them -- they're no longer useful to her. I see them getting kicked out within the next 6 months... DH and I said we could rent them an apartment for less than HALF of what he was paying in CS.

So, we wait and see........