You are here

what on earth is ss7 trying to do to my baby?!!!

Luna1234567's picture

Ss7 has been here for 2 weeks and I've noticed that whenever he's alone around my 9 month old baby...I'd catch him kissing him and then he jumps when he sees me. I've also caught him lying down next to baby half naked under a blanket twice and when I asked what he was doing he said sleeping. ....now here's the worst I've seen him trying to kiss baby's behind on several occasions, I caught him trying to put his tongue in my baby's mouth and also it seemed like he was trying to get his hand in my baby's diaper...I couldn't help myself and I was like. .."what you doing? !!!"
I don't give a damn that he's a child. ..I want to protect my baby..I will not allow anyone to touch my baby in that way even if it's another kid.
I don't know what to do...I haven't told hubby..cuz I'm sure he will think his innocent son was only innocently kissing his brother....but I can't even leave the room for a second when he's here because I catch him trying to touch my baby in some..weird way all the time. ..it's totally gross.
Should I tell my husband eventually ..or should I have a talk with step son myself. What would you do?

Struggling stepmum's picture

And if your husband doesn't respond appropriately then get your baby away from them both. You are NOT over reacting at all

Struggling stepmum's picture

And at age 7 he is so young. He may think that's how you show affection. Still baby needs to be safe

3Libras06's picture

Umm.... I would never leave my baby alone with that kid. Frankly, I would FLIP OUT ON HIM.
As a child who went through molestation way before I ever knew what it was and why it made me feel wrong - I have VERY strong emotions toward the situation. 7 years old or not, I would have had some stern words with that kid and told DH to find another place for him to be unless he wants to side with me on it.

Starla's picture

That kid is going to hurt your baby. Your husband needs to know and the kid needs help. Keep the baby away from him at all costs bc he has already crossed lines.

jumanji's picture

Ya know.... my 7yo tried to french kiss me - because he saw adults doing it. I didn't flip out, but I did tell him that it wasn't appropriate. The other behavior does not necessarily mean he's been abused - OR that he is abusing your baby. It means that it is definitely time for DAD to have "the talk" with his son. Or the beginnings of it. (Personally, I don't believe there should ever be only one "talk" - it should be ongoing from a younger age.)

Tell Dad, suggest he talk to his kid about appropriate behavior, sex, etc. And in the meantime, supervise.

Luna1234567's picture

Thanks all for the advice.
If it was kissing only I would have e thought he was imitating something he saw on tv but he now is even trying to kiss baby's behind while I'm in the room if he thinks I'm too occupied to notice he'll attempt something and as soon as I look at him he acts like he's doing something totally different. I told him to not do that.
I don't know the signs of sexual abuse in a 7 year old boy. ...but he really seems to be having a bum obsession for some reason.
He did mention that he gives his step dad a massage sometimes but it didn't sound like anything inappropriate..just a back massage. Hubby is taking him back to his mom's place now so I am going to mention it to hubby tonight. The problem is that he gets very defensive when anyone says anything about his son so how can I tell him....
"Ss7 keeps trying to touch baby's bum and kiss him inappropriately. " ...what if he tells me I'm imagining or what if he thinks I'm exagerating? He really thinks his son is a baby...he literally calls him that.
I do think there's a possibility of early puberty because although he's 7 he looks like he's 10 and he has had Body odor since last year and we even got him some deodorant.
Yesterday he slapped baby while both dad and I were there and we both told him he can never do that again and at one point
He held my baby's mouth shut with his hand. ..his dad did yell at him but this is so frustrating.
I don't want him near my child ...I don't want to ruin a relationship between brothers but he's not safe for my baby. ..there's more but I can't write everything here.
Being a step mom is really really difficult. I hate that I can't trust to have my baby around his own brother. Sad

NoNameThx's picture

I am telling you, the only logical reason for him to be doing these things is because someone is abusing him. I would point it to the step dad. I mean let's think about this. Do you not find it weird that the stepdad is getting massages from a child? That alone sounds a bit odd.

I would just gently tell your husband that you were concerned by what you saw. I mean there isn't an easy way to say it but I am disturbed by this boy's behavior. It's very likely that the stepdad is molesting him. Please update us when you talk to him!