You are here

What does everyons holiday schedule look like?

ReadySetNot's picture

I was just curious as to see what everyons elses christmas schedule looks like? I know I have christmas for four days straight (All have to include SS8 too) Anyone else have something crazy like that?

StepChicka's picture

I don't know what you mean by 4 days being crazy. Both DH and I have our kids for Christmas Day and it falls on our time with the kiddos. Mine are getting dropped off Christmas morning and are with us for 5 days. SD gets picked up Christmas late afternoon and is with us for the remainder of the weekend.

Angel72's picture

Ours too falls on dh's weekend so its reg pick up but ss wants to stay all week till new years. No problem. Sd is coming but i get the feeling that she will demand to leave after 3 days...most probably to be with friends...which is not the issue. its the driving for 4 hours...so dh told me, if she wants early, her mom will have to meet him.

Totalybogus's picture

My husband has his daughters from the time school is out until December 26th at 12:00. Right now we are in the process of moving. He is there already so the kids will be with him at our other home. They will all come here Christmas Eve and we will celebrate together. My kids will come home for Christmas dinner Then, on the 26th, my husband and I will travel to my parents to celebrate with them and then on to our other house. I have off work from the 24th through January 4th, so I will be with my husband for that week, kidless. LOL.

Hate-Me's picture

ah christmas....not so joyful anymore for me! okay first BM was bitchin because she wants ss2 and sd3 for xmas morning even tho she had them last yr for xmas morning and xmas eve and has them full time. SO, dh and I spend christmas eve with my family and his and BS 4 mos, then xmas morning BM DEMANDS we pick them up at 6am lol WHY!? because shes knows we have a late night on xmas eve and would like to sleep but she loves to ruin that doesnt she. so kids come over and we have them for the long weekend until monday night. over the course of those 4 days is where the fun begins because she tells them not to listen to me because "Mommy said your not my mama!!"....sometimes i have a right mind to trip them when they walk by, but i hold it together for DH because after all they are out of my hair on monday!

soverysad's picture

Our CO defines holidays. We get odd years X-mas Eve at 4pm through 2PM X-mas day and even years, X-mas day at 2pm to Dec 26 at 12pm, but since it is our week anyway, we have SD from Tuesday night through X-mas day at 2pm. then we get her back Dec 26 at 12pm through Monday at 8am. It messes up any long travel, but we'll do that on the weekend, I guess.

StepSorrow - my SD used to pull that "you're not my mommy and mommy said I don't have to listen to you". I just said okay, but then when she asks me for something, I respond with "you'll have to ask your father since I am not a parent and you don't have to listen to me". I am a firm believer that you cannot be responsible for a child who thinks you have no authority because you can't guarantee their safety. Your dh should explain to bm that if they think they don't have to listen to you, what will happen when you have them outdoors and they run toward traffic and don't listen when you yell "stop"??? It is VERY dangerous for a bm to tell their children not to listen to an adult who participates in their care, especially when they're that young. What if they go to touch the hot stove and you're the only one in the kitchen??? DH needs to make it clear to these children that mommy doesn't decide who they listen to in HIS home. SD5 gets in that mode where she gets on mommy's high horse and doesn't have to listen to me. I explain to her that mommy won't suffer the consequences of her not listening, she will. And then I send her to her room.

PS - I think about the trip thing sometimes too. I'd never do it, but the thought is there.

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy" and you can't change crazy!!

Hate-Me's picture

see i knew i wasnt the only one who had that evil thought!

well BM doesnt see it that way and DH cant stomach her so there is ZERO communication between us and her about anything (child care, safety, health, behavior) its a dysfunctional thing and the kids deff dont benefit being in her crazy ass care!

soverysad's picture

We don't communicate well with wingnut either. She talks at us and we're supposed to bow down at her feet - if we don't she cries that we're threatening her and claims she will call the cops. I mostly laugh at her. If that isn't an option, DH needs to make it clear to the kid that listening is not optional and certainly not a negotiation.

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy" and you can't change crazy!!

Denial's picture

3 Days of Hell is what ours looks like . . .

We are doing Xmas Eve with my family, as we have SS Xmas day. He doesn't know my family really well and might be uncomfortable so DH has said NO to Xmas day. Of course, he never will feel comfortable because we always schedule my family around him.

Xmas Day will be at our house with our BS (5 months old) and SS - just the 4 of us (no real reason we can't go to my family). We'll probably spend the day staring at the tv, with SS dictating what shows and what we eat, etc. (his usual "more important than you" behavior")

Day after Xmas will be with my DH's family because it's more convenient for them. We aren't suppose to have SS that day, but will now have him so he can participate. Since DH is supposed to have him Xmas day - he will spend the night (yahoo bonus hell!)

Since it's our BS's 1st Xmas, I wanted to do something kind of special just the 3 of us at some point - since SS treats me like dirt and does nothing but cause trouble with us. That won't happen now - SS wins again!

Sorry for the negativity, one of those weekends - I just can't compete with a 16 yr. old junkie anymore.

Hate-Me's picture

i hear ya! its 4 days of hell for me. kids dont listen and its my bs 4 mos first xmas as well. so sucks to be me i guess cuz the kids get disciplined but dont learn squat from it anyhow. i hate the freakin holidays now.

Denial's picture

So far all the drama with SS around Xmas and my brother's wedding this week (DH doesn't want to go because we have SS, and once again he'll feel uncomfortable because he doesn't know them) -

SUCKS THE FREAKIN' JOY AND LIFE RIGHT OUT OF YOU:)

crazylife's picture

we do every other year 8pm on the 23rd to 8pm on the 24th and then the next year 8 pm on the 24th to 8 pm on the 25th.

Amazed's picture

we have the kids for 3 weekends in a row including xmas eve and xmas day. should be fun but I'll definitely need a break from SD before it's all over. I'll be bitchin up a storm around here probably depending on how much my mil kisses SD's lily white behind.

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." ~Judy Garland

Amazed's picture

something tells me i'll be drinking a lot of "festive holiday" drinks...ya know like candycane martinis,rum drenched egg nog,etc...

yup...ridin' the drunk bus for christmas is a fine way to cope with annoying family.

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." ~Judy Garland

Hate-Me's picture

who ever said alcohol doesnt cure problems? if it doesnt it sure puts a damper on them.....mmmmm egg nog

Shell97's picture

I leave Saturday for Indianapolis to drop off SD15 to BM. Since the change in custody, BM gets both girls the first week of their Christmas break & DH gets them the second week. My parents leave the day after Christmas to bring both girls out to us. My parents are also bringing my cousin and BS11's best friend from PA. Our house will be full for the week of New Year's. Though due to lack of room, my parents have to stay at a hotel, while DH & I deal with all the kids. Then my parents will leave the Saturday after New Year's to take SD12, cousin, & BS11's best friend back home. But as for Christmas....just gonna be DH, BS11, the dogs, & me....pretty calm & relaxing. Guess that gives us time to prepare for the following hectic week. lol

Pantera's picture

I am a product of divorce, so....Christmas Eve, SS will be joining DH and I to visit my Dad and his Family. Christmas Day my Mom's side of the family will be coming over. SS will visit his BM from 12 noon on Christmas Day until 6pm the next day.

"If I turn into another, Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me" -Incubus