You are here

What to do if ex calls you?

megansteppedout's picture

You broke up several months ago and occasionally you will hear from your ex. You are seeing someone new and you’re not interested in getting back with them. Should you tell them you are seeing someone and tell them to stop calling you? Or do you just let the phone ring and not pick up and when they say they miss you you respond just say it’s best for both of you to move forward and leave out the fact that you’re seeing someone and not interested in taking them back? What’s the right thing to do?

markwvualum's picture

Why did you break up? I’m sure it was all their fault and none of it was due to your own behavior right? If you still have feelings for him pick up the phone. Stop listening to other miserable people. Misery loves company. You won’t be too happy when he meets someone new due to your behavior.

ndc's picture

I'd block the number.  I would not under any circumstance tell him you're seeing someone.  What is going on in your life is none of his business.  All he needs to know is that you have no intention of getting back together with him, and that message can be effectively sent by blocking him or ignoring his calls.

Kiwi_koala's picture

What do you do? Nothing lol. Block his number. Why would you tell him you're seeing people? That'll cause drama.

susanm's picture

There goes my tea.  And the dog is startled.  I hope you are proud of yourself!  LOL

susanm's picture

Am I off base here or are you enjoying this?  Because you have asked the same question several times in several different ways over the past few weeks.  There is nothing wrong with it if you are.  It is nice sometimes to know that someone we walked out on finally realized what they missed out on.  But if that is what you are doing then own it and be careful.  Jerking around someone when they are vulnerable can flip the switch from wanting you back to wanting you hurt.  Badly.  Watch yourself if you are playing games.

Sandybeaches's picture

You either answer or contact the Ex directly and tell them you do not want to hear from them anymore.  You have gone on with your life and tell them not to call again. THEN you block them.   

If you just block them they don't get the correct message or know for sure that they are blocked AND that you don't want to hear from them.  

daphne_40x's picture

I might take the vindictive route of toying with him to hear what he has to say.  Let him work for it.  Then ignore him or tell him you're not interested.  But you can't do this if there is even a hint that you still care.  I only do this with jerks.  Honestly, they seem to love it.