You are here

What are the odds of them.....

raindrop's picture

Do any of you have any stories about BD and BM getting back together after divorce? What are the odds of the 2 of them having a peaceful relationship that is everlasting? I'm sure it would be bliss for awhile since their family is back intact, but for how long? I'm a little worried. My bf has been divorced from her for 3 years, but they have become pretty good friends over the past year and he talks about how much she has changed and how horrible he was to her.....she cheated on him and is still with the guy. But, I don't think she is very happy with him anymore (he doesn't work) and I often wonder how long it will be before she wants my bf back.

the_stepmonster's picture

Right before DH and I got married BM started acting super friendly, being more flexible with kid-time, even sending them with homemade goodies. Usually she is standoffish, doesnt return calls when he is on his way to pick them up or drop them off, sends the kids to us unshowered in old clothes, etc. I mentioned maybe she was being nice now that I was in his life and was jealous, but he assured me he would never ever get back with her and that she was merely the mother of his children and nothing more. Have you voiced your concerns to him?

twopines's picture

I had a coworker who remarried his exwife. We could all see their divorce was a big mistake. She called him at least twice a week at work, and they frequently got together to "talk about the kids", lol! They were miserable without each other. They were truly in love, and thankfully got back together. They had a beautiful baby girl not long after their wedding.

NCMilGal's picture

DH married BM twice.

The first marriage lasted four years. They had some back-and-forth cheating. (he started it while at a school, after being told that he would be coming home to an empty house and never see his daughter again - she threatened that a lot) She left him for some other guy and got knocked up during the separation period. DH deployed, BM's boyfriend scooted when he found out she was preggo, BM started kissing DH's ass, the baby was stillborn, (while he was still deployed? No idea) and they got remarried something like two weeks after the divorce was final.

They lasted another three years - BM cheated on DH again, filed for divorce, got knocked up AGAIN, the father scooted AGAIN, and despite a DNA test, DH had to sign over his "parental rights" to this boy in 2008 because the state insists he stands as father if the birth is less than nine months after the divorce. (No CS, because of the DNA test)

Two years later, BM was throwing herself at DH during HIS FATHER'S FUNERAL. That was about 6 weeks before he met me, and only 16 months before she remarried.

From what SD15 says, her third marriage is physically violent enough that I'm going to bet on another divorce within five years.

She's a winner, all right.

darned confused's picture

A good friend of mine married her first husband twice, so techically he was her 1st and 2nd husband. They divorced again and she married her soul mate.