You are here

Weirded out by ss living with mil and bil is being weird or maybe I'm just paranoid

hismineandours's picture

so my ss13 lives with mil now. I have my own opinions on whether this will work out or not, but right now things are going ok so I am just keeping it to myself. truly I hope all goes well and everyone lives happily ever after. He lives there with mil, fil, bil, and his daughter. I am having a bit of a hard time as dh's goal is for ss to eventually live with us once we work on some issues. BUT-we are currently working on NO issues. But if that is the goal, then I would think that I would at least be able to have some sort of input into the decision making process. IDK? Am I expecting too much?

MIL lives in the same school district as us. I was not wild about the idea of ss going to school with my kiddos-however mil is actually closer to another school and dh and I had discussed this as an option for ss and we both were on the same page that it was a good option. Well MIL has decided that he willbe going to a totally different school that is 40 minutes away from her. WTF? I am confused. I would rather see him go to the school in our district as if the ultimate goal is for him to return here why make him change schools? And why make him sit in car 40 minutes twice a day?

Dh tells me it is up to her as he is living there. I guess I get that, but wouldnt SHE want to minimize him switching school and minimizing his time sitting in a car and minimize the amount of work she will have to put into getting him to and fro to school? Evidently dh and mil have decided that dh will buy some shoes,clothes for ss for school. Um, well, ok but I asked dh multiple times over the past month about getting ss stuff for school (ya know back when we had the money)and he said "no, it was already taken care of". I feel like he spoke to mil and she has convinced him what he needs to buy just as she convinced him what school he should be going to. SS needs therapy. He is on meds, but no longer has a psychiatrist or family dr. I have mentioned the need multiple times over the past month to get ss set up so we can-ya know work on things like we were supposed to doing-and it's blown off or this last time he said he did not want to bother mil with it.

So this issue with my bil-is everyday I get on facebook and I see his posts about-"making dinner for my daugher and my nephew ss" or "playing outside with my dd and nephew" "Played tag all night with my dd and nephew" "my nephew, my nephew, my nephew"-literally been probably 4 posts in 2 days with ss in them. Dh hasnt seen them-he doesnt get on there every day-but if he did see them i think it would bother him. SS livign with mil is not ideal-he would like ss here-even for myself I dont think it is ideal-I dont think it would work with ss at our home-but I wish it would, you know. So it is sort of an upsetting situation for all of us here and I kind of get the feeling that bil is almost rubbing it in our face a little. Am I being too sensitive?

Willow2010's picture

Am I being too sensitive?

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yes, I think so. I told you in your blog and I will tell you here. You need to relax girl! SS is not living with you and you are beating yourself up over things you can NOT control. Enjoy your life my friend.

hismineandours's picture

I want to!! But my guess is next weekend will begin dh's efforts to get me to agree to visits-and if I agree to visits within a month I'm guessing I will get him pestering me about him moving in. When I first found out he was living with mil- I thought "cool. Problem solved" but within 2 weeks dh started in about ss moving in- I was kind of blindsighted. If my dh wants ss here- then he needs to be making dome changes and he's not. I know I should leave it at that- but I am also afraid there will come a point in which he will be unable to live with mil.