You are here

WEIRD Mother's Day

dledden's picture

First, let me start by saying it was one of the BEST Mother's day's because I ran in my first ever 5k race (Komen Race for the Cure~Philadelphia, PA), and came in at 32.25, which is an awesome time for a first timer Smile

After that it gets weird.

I get a text from ss8's baby momma (aka: drug addict, abandoned the kid when he was 2) saying happy mother's day and thanks for being there for her kid when she's not. I'm still sitting on this text, unable to find the right words or phrases to respond. It's not like I can comfortably say "happy mother's day" back to her. Ok, she is the kid's mother techinically but only because she gave birth to him. She calls maybe once every 4 mos. and asks to see the kid. Not a mother in my book in any sense of the word. So for now i'm just ignoring the text......

THEN, my ex-father in law (father of the man who brutally tried to murder me, stabbing me 11 times 3 yrs ago on valentine's day and has subsequently been incarcerated) to wish me a happy mother's day.....REALLY??? How WEIRD is that? I still allow the children to have a relationship with him, he's the only one in ex's family that I allow to communicate in any way with my children. My oldest wants to go to pop pop's this summer for a week to visit with him, go hunting, fishing, etc. so, part of the call was about arranging that.....

Still, 2 "weird" communications on mom's day for me.....

Anyone else have anything weird happen to them yesterday????

janeyc's picture

Phew yes that is wierd, whatever that bm has done/has'nt done, as least she realises that ss is better off with you and it must have been nice for that to be acknowledged, why did your fil do that to you? Im so sorry.