You are here

Weird changes

lindsey2015's picture

I have recently became really good friends with my husbands ex wife. She is very pleasant to be around and does not cause any issues. She is easy to work with and allows us to have DD basically whenever we please. In turn, we are very felxible with our visitation. My husband urged me to build this relationship for the wellness of the ten year old daughter and I am now proud I did. The only problem... Husband is getting very upset with the amount of time I spend with DD and BM. I am a professional photographer and also work at a school. I am very busy with my job but I spent a lot of time with BM recently taking some photos to memorialize her mother for her. The first comment I got from my husband was "I guess you have forgotten what family you have at home." I am stuck between a rock and a hard place These photos and the time I spent to make them happen made DD very happy be used she had something To remember her grandmother by. Making DD happy makes me so happy. I know this is usually the stepmom pissed at the husband for his time spent with the ex but it seems to be the other way around. I do not hang out with the ex on a daily basis. As we see each other MAYBE once a week when exchanging DD. This is the only thing I have done for her that required a lot of my attention.

ownpersonalopinion1's picture

Sometimes marriages just don't work out, but that don't mean both are bad people. She seems like a decent person.

SecondGeneration's picture

Yeah this is funny, he wanted you to make an effort with the BM, its you seeing BM at the exchanges and now hes uncomfortable that you and BM are more friendly than cordial? Bless his little heart, he must be worried you will both start exchanging bedroom stories about him.

But seriously, finish your project, do the job well and once thats done you just scale back the time spent with them, which should be a non issue if the extra time currently being spent is just for the project.