You are here

Webcam again

FrickenFrackenBleep's picture

Brief. The Dad gets webcam with the kids. Mother does not like him having contact with the kids. Soooo she has started doing it using her iphone. Just hands it to the kids at webcam timeno matter where they are or what they are doing. It is horrible because now they have no interest in it. Usually they are eating, in a moving car, outside playing, you name it. It was way better when Dad could show them things or help the with homework. All they had to do was put it in front of the computer. You can't do that with an iphone. Mother finds this very convenient and is still getting credit for doing webcam. She just doesn't care how it affects the relationship at all. So my question is does anyone have any ideas on how to make her go back to using the computer? It just sucks. Court takes at least 6 months and the relationship is getting worse by the day.

FrickenFrackenBleep's picture

Thanks for your reply. That is what I want to do but here is the kicker... he can't for at least 6 months. Without getting too personal, he is in a very regimented training course for the next six months and can't even use the phone from 6am until 6pm. I literally had to get power of attorney to take care of our personal affairs for the next 6 months. So these six months on top of the six for the court case equals a crappy relationship with his kids in the end. I'm so irritated and can't do a damn thing about it. Seeing the look on my husband's face when his kids get on iphone webcam and say "I don't want to talk" and then handing the phone back to mom is soooooo sad. His kids live 1200 miles away so its not like he can make up for it on the weekends. It was WAY better when she used the computer because they could actually interract and he could show them things here that they were interested in and could interract with what they were doing (homework, reading, games, coloring). It was such a great addition to parenting time that she has turned into a tool in her arsenal of wickedness (to put it nicely).

Is there anything anywhere that says I can represent him in court? We can't even afford a lawyer to represent him in his absence. He makes just over $1000 a month and $511 of that goes to child support (based on order we can't modify for 6 months, again). And she's a realtor in Minnesota making at least $7000 a month. WTH!

Grrr! This never gets better does it?!?!?