You are here

WE NEED HELP!!

SMof2's picture

So I have two skids. My DH ex wife has not worked since being laid off many years ago. After not finding work for 3 years she decides to go to school. She has been in school forever. She has no job but gets refund checks, section8, food stamps, and everything else for free that can be given. She does none of the driving (stupid judge said she didn't have to until she found a job), and pays for nothing for these children. We pay for everyhting, child support, filed trips, class trips, soccer, traveling football, homecoming dancesd, haircuts, school clothes....you name it we pay for it all. Not one time has my DH ever missed a child support payment. I don't understand why the courts allow this???? I'm tired of it and its going to stop. The skids even expect us to pay for everything. They always say my mother doesn't work she ahs no money...yet buys them $200 sneakers when she gets her school refund check and stays in the streets drinking, partying , and driving all over town. How can we get this corrected? Why is thisd allowed? How could a judge not do something about this????? We need help taking care of these brats!!!

Ninji's picture

Family Law is extremely flawed. My SO was also ordered to do ALL the transportation. He also pays a third of his income to CS meanwhile we buy Skids everything you described in your post. He is also responsible for having health insurance for them and then paying half of all medical co-pays....But BM refusing to pay her half of anything. And BM is authorized to claim both kids every year on her taxes. My SO got super screwed. That's why he is afraid to take her back to court.

I have no advice, I wish I did. The courts are pro BM...She's always a victim.

StepLady's picture

If these kids are old enough to go to homecoming then why aren't they earning money? Working? Raking leaves? Shoveling snow? Mowing lawns? Babysitting? My teen skids do not get a free ride! We do the sports and fees but if they want extras they must earn them at our house and their mother is on board with it thank God!

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Unfortunately, many courts rule in favor of the BM - even when she is a worthless POS.

Soccer, traveling football, homecoming dances... these are extracurricular activities. A child is NOT required to play a school sport or go to a dance (at least nowhere I know of).

Haircuts do not have to be expensive. If they want expensive haircuts, agree to pay the price of an inexpensive cut and they have to earn the money for an "upgrade". Same with school clothes. They do not have to be expensive. Try Walmart. If they want fancy designer clothes, they have to earn the money for them.

WTF...REALLY's picture

lol

Cadence's picture

Yes, we wouldn't want to hurt their feelings by having expectations and not treating them like the special fragile creatures that they are.

WTF...REALLY's picture

It is what it is.

The BM in my life is a 42 year old student as well. Lives off of that, food stamps etc. SD lives with us full time. The BM gives us zero CS. WE pay for everything AND we never get a break from SD as well. BM lost custody.

Its a joke. I can't stand these loser women who made kids and think they have no responsibility.

onthefence2's picture

No, this is not the norm. The norm is mom having kids full time and not receiving child support unless forced by the state. It is not the norm for women to squander child support or remain unemployed and live off the state. It might be a frequent complaint, but not the norm.

Monchichi's picture

In my country that is a very unlikely statistic. Additionally it does not include situations where the father walked away and the mother accepted it. Definitely not a third world stat.

Monchichi's picture

Don't you have sonars from 6 weeks in the States? Love the heart beat when you first hear it aaaa (hugs) little baby

Monchichi's picture

Our Drs start scans from 6 weeks and do them every 4 weeks. Then from 34 weeks it's every week.

Monchichi's picture

That was a bit misleading. It's in private health care only. Apologies. In government hospitals you will not get a scan never mind blood work or a c-section even when in distress. If on medical aid (insurance?) or well to do then it's normal.

stepinafrica's picture

It is not the norm. The BMs talked about on Stalk are a minority. This is a ranting site. Most of us are not dealing with regular BMs.