You are here

Wanting to share some delish recipes, and if yall have some FAVE recipes, please share here too!

Someoneelse's picture

They don't have to be simple, if they are a bit eccentric, I don't mind! I like fun new recipes!

MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE

Serves: 6 (2 pieces chicken and ¾ cup veggie/sauce mixture each) Total Time: 2 hr. 40 min. Prep Time: 25 min. Cooking Time: 2 hr. 15 min.

Ingredients

2(8-oz. / 225 g each) raw chicken breasts, deboned, skin on, cut in three pieces

2 (4-oz. / 115 g each) raw chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on, cut in half

2 (4-oz. / 115 g each) raw chicken drumsticks, bone-in, skin on

1½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt) divided use

1 tsp. ground black pepper divided use

2 cups / 360 g roughly chopped tomato

1 cup / 160 g roughly chopped onion

5 cloves garlic

1 medium lemon, juiced, zested

1 Tbsp. ground sweet paprika

1 Tbsp. ground turmeric

1 tsp. ground cumin

1 tsp. ground ginger

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 tsp. ground coriander

½ tsp. ground allspice

¼ tsp. ground cardamom

1 Tbsp. olive oil

1 cup / 240 ml low-sodium organic chicken broth

30 green olives, pitted

1 medium orange, sliced, seeds removed

2 cups / 255 g carrots, sliced into ½-inch (1½-cm) thick rounds (approx. 4 medium carrots)

1 cup / 105 g cauliflower florets

1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (coriander leaves) *you can omit this if you don't like Cilantro

Directions

1. Season chicken breasts, thighs, and drumsticks all over with a pinch or two of salt and pepper; place on a large baking sheet. Broil for 6 to 8 minutes, or until skin is crisp and brown; set aside.

2. Preheat oven to 325° F (165 °C).

3. Add tomato, onion, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, paprika, turmeric, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, coriander, allspice, cardamom and remaining salt and pepper to a blender; cover. Blend until a smooth paste forms.

4. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven (or any oven-safe pot with a lid) over medium heat until fragrant.

5. Add tomato mixture; cook, stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until most of liquid has evaporated and pot is sizzling.

6. Add chicken pieces, broth, olives, and orange slices to pot; bring to a boil. Place pot in oven, partially covered.

7. Cook for 1 hour. Add carrots and cauliflower to pot; cook, partially covered, for an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken is fall-off-of-the-bone tender and veggies are tender-crisp.

8. Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls; top with cilantro.

Someoneelse's picture

Skillet Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Thighs

Juicy, golden brown chicken in the sauciest, sun dried tomato cream sauce with sneaked-in greens!

https://damndelicious.net/ (this is one of my favorite places to get recipes)

Ingredients

1 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

2 3/4 tablespoons all purpose flour, divided

1/2 tablespoon canola oil

1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 small shallot, diced

1/2 cup chicken stock

1/4 cup half and half

1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes halves

1 cups baby spinach

1.5 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan

1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

Directions

Season chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in 2 tablespoons flour until evenly coated.

Heat canola oil and butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.

Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 4-5 minutes per side; set aside. Reduce heat to medium low.

Add garlic and shallot, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Whisk in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.

Gradually whisk in chicken stock, half and half and sun dried tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.

Stir in spinach, Parmesan and parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Return chicken to the skillet.

Someoneelse's picture

Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken

SHEET PAN DINNER! Crispy, juicy chicken thighs with tender baby potatoes and crisped kale. So hearty, so good, so easy!

https://damndelicious.net/

Ingredients

8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs

4 tablespoons olive oil, divided

1 1/2 pounds pee wee potatoes (about 1/2 inch size)

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves

1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary

1 lemon, sliced

1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves torn into bite-sized pieces

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.

Season chicken thighs with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.

Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.

Place chicken in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.

In a large bowl, combine potatoes, garlic, thyme, rosemary, lemon and 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Place potato mixture in a single layer around the chicken on the prepared baking sheet.

Place into oven and roast until the chicken is almost cooked through and the potatoes are almost tender, about 25-30 minutes.

In a large bowl, massage kale with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.

Remove sheet pan from oven; stir potatoes and add kale. Place into oven and continue to roast for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the kale has crisped. Let stand 5 minutes.

Serve immediately.

Someoneelse's picture

Thai Coconut Curry Soup

Skip the takeout! This will be your go-to Thai curry soup! Serve with fresh Thai basil, cilantro and lime juice. So cozy, so good.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons coconut oil

1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced

1 large yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced

1 medium red onion, thinly sliced

3 tablespoons red curry paste

1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger

3 cloves garlic, minced

2 cups chicken stock

1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce

1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce

2 teaspoons brown sugar

1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk

1 ½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

¼ cup chopped fresh Thai basil leaves

¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves

2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice

Instructions

Heat coconut oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.

Add bell peppers and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in red curry paste, ginger and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.

Gradually whisk in chicken stock, tomato sauce, fish sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended, about 10-15 minutes.

Stir in coconut milk and simmer until reduced and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.

Stir in shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.

Remove from heat; stir in basil, cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Serve immediately.

Someoneelse's picture

Bacon Harvest Chicken Skillet

Brussels sprouts + bacon + caramelized onions = Harvest Skillet Chicken.

Ingredients

6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs

Kosher salt

Freshly ground black pepper

½ c. whole pecans

4 slices thick-cut hardwood-smoked bacon, cut into ½" pieces

1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved

1 small fennel bulb, green tops removed, bulb halved and thinly sliced

1 small onion, sliced into half moons

3 sprigs thyme

3 cloves garlic, chopped

½ c. white wine

1 c. low-sodium chicken broth

1 lemon

6 slices sourdough bread, lightly toasted, for serving (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 400°. Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels and place on a small sheet tray.

In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, toast pecans, tossing, until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat, remove pecans, set aside to cool, then roughly chop.

Return skillet to low heat and add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, letting fat render, until bacon pieces crisp up, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate, leaving bacon fat in the pan.

Return skillet to medium-high heat. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper, then add chicken carefully to the hot pan in one layer, skin side down. Cook, undisturbed, until skin is deeply golden and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer thighs to a clean plate.

Reserve 1 tablespoon fat in skillet and carefully drain remaining fat. Over medium high heat, add Brussels sprouts, fennel, onions, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking until vegetables are slightly golden, 3 to 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.

Add white wine, increase heat to high, and scrape to deglaze brown bits from pan with a wooden spoon. Reduce until there is about 2 tablespoons liquid left.

Add broth, stirring well, and nestle chicken thighs skin side up into the vegetables. Add any juices to the pan as well. Bring to a boil, then transfer to oven. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.

Place vegetables on a platter, sprinkle with pecans and bacon and any oil drippings, then top with chicken thighs. Drizzle pan sauce over all. Zest lemon with a microplane over the dish, then cut the lemon and squeeze a lemon half over chicken. Serve with warm bread.

SeeYouNever's picture

Wow such long recipes! The current hit in my household is: "Two ingredient chicken" my DH and kids love it and we make it about once a week. It tastes very similar to a store bought rotisserie chicken. I do a lot of baked dinners because they require minimal prep and then I just let it cook while I do something else.

Ingredients:

4 chicken thighs, skin on (or more, depends on how many you have to feed)

Soysauce

Garlic powder (don't sub minced or fresh garlic or the result will be bitter)

Directions:

Douse chicken with soysauce so the skin is all coated, sprinkle garlic powder on chicken. You can let it marinade or cook it right away.

Place in a shallow baking dish so they aren't touching. Bake at 300F for about 40 mins to an hour, until the meat starts to pull away from the bone and the skin is golden.

***KEY STEP***

Once the fat and juices begin to come out of the chicken use a spoon and baste the juices and fat back onto the chicken, do this several times throughout the cooking process.

The chicken comes out tender and the skin is crispy and delicious!

Someoneelse's picture

I know my recipes are long, since I work from home it's easier for me to be able to prep everything on my lunch break, then when I am done it's just a matter of throwing it all together. I still do simple recipes, but sometimes I get tired of simple recipes that pleases everyone, and I will do more "extravagant" recipes that make me happy, even if everyone in my house doesn't like it. Lately everyone is getting pickier in my home! As good as your chicken sounds to me, at least ONE person in my home would turn a nose up at it. DD18 is vegetarian (so I make her someting similar to what were having but i sub out her fake chicken/beef or tofu), DD19 likes sauce on everything, DH like bland food because everything is too spicy, SD (supposedly) gets heart burn from tomato, onion, garlic, grease, and spicy food, and is allergic (supposedly) to mangos and almonds (even though she's had BOTH at my house and not had a reaction). SOOOOO all this being said, I cook to make me happy, and if others don't like it, they can kiss my @$$ and take a tums.

SeeYouNever's picture

Actually the chicken recipe might translate ok to tofu if you add a bit of sesame oil.

I work from home on some days and then I'll get creative. But I'm too lazy to write out the recipes for those things or they're improvised and don't turn out the same every time because they depend on what's about to go bad in the fridge. While I like to make things all mixed together like you do since I have a 2-year-old and a 3-year-old I have a lot more success when the protein veggie and carb are all separate... When things are separated like that they will usually eat at least two things but if I make a dish where everything's together usually one of them won't eat it at all. Like this past weekend I made a baked ziti with spinach and Italian sausage and one of them couldn't get enough of it and the other wouldn't touch it because she couldn't identify the ingredients. I absolutely hate when that happens!

I like to make sourdough which has only 2 ingredients too (flour and salt, water barely counts as an ingredient IMO) but in order to write out how to make that would be 3 feet long!

Cover1W's picture

Ok, I'll submit an easy one.

I use pork shoulder blade steaks (very cheap and very flavorful) for this, but a pounded chicken breast, or maybe even a tofu piece would work. It's super fast and easy for weeknights.

Brush steaks lightly with olive oil. Either sprinkle with garlic powder or use fresh garlic rubbed on. Salt/pepper generously Sprinkle with Cumin (you should see the cumin on it, be mildly generous) and a little red pepper flakes.  Add to heated pan with a TBS of olive oil in it. Cook for maximum 5 minutes a side on medium high heat (I turn them once I can see them cooking from the sides in) - cover them!  Once done (firm to the touch) remove from heat and let them sit a few minutes before serving.

I ususally pair them with broccolini, broccoli or kale. It goes great with couscous or polenta as a carb side.

30 min maxium start to finish.

SeeYouNever's picture

Pork is the only thing that seems worth the money these days.

I make something similar but I use Adobo seasoning. I think I'll try this since sometimes the Adobo seems too salty.

Someoneelse's picture

for me, I agree, most packaged seasonings are too spicy, I make my own spice mixes and store them in mason style jars. I just try a few times before I mix large jar fulls, but right now I have a steak seasoning, pork chicken seasoning, taco seasoning, and a cajun seasoning. I haven't made an adobo seasoning yet, that might be next on my list. And on days I don't make more exrtavagant meals, I just use these seasonings on my meat, make a side of grains and a side of veggies.

Chicken Seasoning

Ingredients:

½ tsp

Salt

½ tsp

Onion Powder

¼ tsp

Ground Pepper

½ tsp

Dried Thyme

½ tsp

Paprika

½ tsp

Dried Basil

1/8 tsp

Cayenne pepper

½ tsp

Dried Rosemary

½ tsp

Garlic Powder

¼ tsp

Dried Parsley

Directions:

Stir to combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container or jar.

Taco Seasoning

Ingredients:

4 tbsp

Chili Powder

1 tsp

Garlic Powder

2 tbsp

Cumin

1 tsp

Onion Powder

1 tbsp

Paprika

1 tsp

Oregano

1 tbsp

Salt

1 tsp

Black Pepper

Directions:

Add all the spices to a mason jar or ziplock bag. Close and carefully shake to combine all ingredients.

About 2 tbs of taco seasoning is equivalent to 1 taco packet

Pork Seasoning

Ingredients

2 Tablespoons smoked paprika

1 Tablespoon Kosher salt

1 Tablespoon black pepper

1 Tablespoon brown sugar

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon ground mustard

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk or fork to break up any clumps of brown sugar. Store in air tight container for up to 6 months. Sprinkle liberally onto pork chops before grilling, baking, or searing.

Steak Seasoning

Ingredients

1 tablespoon sea salt or kosher salt

1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed

2 teaspoons smoked paprika

2 teaspoons ground ancho chile pepper

1 teaspoon dried thyme

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon ground mustard

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Directions

1. Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.

2. Either use immediately, or store in a small airtight container until ready to use. Makes enough to season 4 large steaks.