You are here

Want to hear any ideas on how to get rid of skids?

Donewithstepturd's picture

Just looking to hear any stories/ideas of how to get rid of skids? Permanently, preferably. Legally of course, and without having to leave my partner. *help* Any success stories? Or did you throw in the towel? 

Monkeysee's picture

Easy. Leave your partner.

Trying to get rid of someone’s children is horrific. No matter how much you dislike the skid you shouldn’t be trying to get rid of them, I sincerely hope this is a joke. Do yourself & your partner a favour & find someone else.

tog redux's picture

Came here to say this - thank you.  You may hate the kid, but I'm assuming your husband loves him. You can't erase him from your DH's life and expect him to happy about that.  If you hate his kid so much, it's likely that it's at least partly his poor parenting, anyway, so the kid isn't really the problem. 

My SS refused to speak to his father for over 3 years and it was an extremely hard period of time for DH. Why would you wish that on someone you say that you love?

I vote for leave him if you can't stand his kid.

Monkeysee's picture

No kidding. A person can’t actually care that much about their partner if they’d actively work to remove their child from their life. That’s not love, it’s abuse. If someone ever worked to have my child taken from me I’d want nothing to do with them.

Bex_S's picture

I understand your frustration, and I've felt the same in the past; even made a similar blog. But trying to get rid of skids is only going to hurt your partner and harm your relationship with him, and most likely destroy it. I hate my skid but I'd never stand in the way of DH maintaining a relationship with her. You have the right to have a basic level of rules and standards in your home, but parental alienation is not the answer. 

ndc's picture

Are you the one who thinks SS has sexually abused your non-verbal LO but has nothing official to prove it? So even if you leave you can't prevent your child from being with SS?  If so, I'd watch SS like a hawk to prevent him from harming my kids and look for additional offenses. I'd probably also get my ducks in a row to leave, because short of this kid going to juvie, that's the only way you'll get rid of a kid your H has full-time.

Crspyew's picture

Member for 1 day 14 hours.  
ETA found her first blog.  She needs to dump her turd of a husband.

tog redux's picture

Yes, that was her story in her first post. She was given some ideas of how to gather evidence to be used to prevent SS from being around her children if/when they divorce.

Rags's picture

Keep the facts of toxic Skid behavior front and center for your SO.  As  you build the inertia for booting the toxic spawn start salting the facts with suggested solutions.  As SO starts to gain clarity start ramping up the tension by turning Skid behavioral issues into bigger deals.

Then start pointing out any criminal behavior that might motivate you to call the police on the toxic pelvic projectiles.

Then make the call when they do the thing that is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Military School is a good option.  These schools have more than a century of experience in dealing with incorigible little shits.  Young cadet leaders can readily chew up and spit out ill behaved spawn of failed parents.  Only they spit out well behaved, polite, respectful young adults where failed parents just grow larger and more intolerable children who have little chance of reaching viable adulthood.

Just my thoughs of course.

Sorry guys! I meant this as a joke! I saw other posts like these that were funny. I obviously know I can't really "get rid" of SS unless I leave his father! Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Rags's picture

No worries.

Wishing a toxic Skid gone is not a crime.  

You can always chore them into leaving.......

Diablo

MissDenise's picture

I wouldn't let that kid alone with mine. OP can't you talk to your husband about ensuring the mom takes him 50% of the time? He sounds awful and it's destroying your own kids who you have a duty to protect. Nothing funny about it, my kids would come first.  Boarding school????

Yes, I tell him all the time that SS would benefit from being with both parents 50/50. He's allowed to run wild with Bio Mom or she dumps him off with GP where it's the same thing. DH swears that bio mom doesn't want him, which I know is true but ever since DH was awarded child support she's been trying to get out that, and 50/50 would be the solution to that. I can see her agreeing bc essentially she would stop having to pay, but DH does not budge on this, in fact he goes as far as to take parenting time away from Bio when we have a family event or are doing something special. I don't see him every giving bio more time. Oh I and never leave SS alone with DD, which is why I'm still here, to protect them. Honestly it's exhausting, try keeping and eye on your children 100% of the time even as they sleep, takes a huge toll out of you.

juststressedbeyondbelief's picture

The easiest way that doesn't make you appear to be a complete monster?

Just... don't care. Disengage. Don't help.

When the kid's of age they'll probably choose the other parent.

I can see the skid going to a place where her crazy ass behavior is tolerated, and she isn't used as an example of how not to act. It also removes a LOAD of stress from you.

Ignore. Focus on yourself or your own children. Don't do the laundry, don't spend your money, don't sacrifice your time in the car, don't babysit. It's not your responsiblity, and chances are, the stepkid will pick up on it, especially if you live with "ours" babies, and go to the house where they are allowed to do as they please.

Assuming you have stepkids who aren't being raised correctly.

relationshipguru's picture

Leave your partner. I did and I am so much better off now that a few months have passed. Those kids aren't going anywhere. Btw my ex downgraded big time immediately after I left him. It made me realize he was just using me all along. No regrets!

Did you two have any children together? I want to leave but I don't bc I can't trust him alone with my DDs.