You are here

Venting...

Whatintheworld's picture

Dh laid down boundaries for BM I guess it's been about a month ago. She is super pissed still. Told DH that he needed to make some boundaries with ME because I was becoming a problem and she knows this is all coming from me and DH doesn't want any of this and good luck with our relationship working. (Oh BM, sometimes you are so funny). Dh never replied to her, just let her steam. In retaliation to our boundaries BM has started texting Dh way more than normal and is now telling the kids she can't come see them do any extra curricular activities that all the bios and skids do together because I don't like her or want her around.
There also seems to be a huge issue now of BM not caring if the kids overstep their welcome or lie to me or them for that matter. This past week SS lied to both parents and told them that I said he could go do an activity with me and my kids on a BM day. We had plans with our friends (DH was at work, the kids were out of school). This friend of mine and our kids get along beautifully, never a cross word, attitude, nothing between the five of them when we are together. It was going to be a day of pure fun with no stress for any of us. The day was pure hell. SS had everyone mad and fighting within minutes and he complained all day long! I called SS out on his lie and he acknowledged that he lied to everyone because he knew if he didn't he wouldn't be able to come. The kids and my friend respectfully asked that he never come with us again and I'm right there with them! Fast forward to that afternoon and DH mentions to BM that SS lied to us all and her only response is , "we talked about it, it's ok he was just excited." When DH tells her it ruined our day she says "ok". Nothing more.

Evil stepmonster's picture

It sounds like this BM wants nothing more than to start trouble. I'm afraid there's really nothing anyone can do to get her to stop. From my experience, the only way she'll stop if she's ignored. And that takes a while.

Whatintheworld's picture

I should have told him he couldn't go. I'm partially to blame, I know. He only got to come because I felt put on the spot. Lesson learned. As far as DH telling her that, he is so blind to her. He thinks she is just worried about the kids and buys her bs more so than not. He has come a long way BUT has a very long way still to go lol. As far as BM, she can fight this all she wants, I'm here to stay, whether she likes it or not

Evil stepmonster's picture

Good!! Don't let a nasty jealous BM destroy your marriage. And your husband has to take the rose colord glasses off where she is concerned. I know that's a hard thing from personal experience, but it can be done. Hold to your guns.

Dizzy's picture

You should have shut down the lie and insisted DH give SS consequences, including an apology to you and his parents for lying. You all rewarded that brat and I guarantee the next lie will be worse.