You are here

Vent....I wish I had the chance to disengage.

mom23ms's picture

Though I don't have to worry about SO or his daughters ever again, I really wish I had the chance to disengage. I think if he would have effin backed me on the whole disengaging then I wouldn't have ever left. Instead, of backing me, when I told him that I was done and just disengaging and had to deal with his kids on his own when it came to the extras, he decided not to bring them around because he didn't want them to feel "out of place" or "unwelcomed or unwanted."

Now, as it turns out he blames the kids for me leaving and they just hate him because it took me moving out for him to realize what his kids did to me (lying, stealing, cursing, disrespect) and now wants to discipline them. So they refuse to come over because they flat out said they wouldn't if they had to follow rules. I wanted those brats to see what it's like NOT to have me to walk over and manipulate.

Though SO and I have broke up, it still just pisses me off at times that he didn't back me and made excuses for them and took their side. On a positive note. I learned what "NOT MY KID, NOT MY PROBLEM" really means...and I LOVE IT!

mom23ms's picture

ExSO wants NOTHING to do what-so-ever with his girls. His therapist "reassured" him about walking away and so he basicially did. I guess he is mailing the CS checks now (BM lives about a half mile to a mile down the road.) I've had some people say to me "OMG how can a father do that?" and others say "I would too if I had to deal with them." I know this sounds horrible, but I am about ready to pull up a chair and watch this "train wreck" happen. Of course his girls are STILL happy to be with their mom. I'm waiting for the BM to take him back to court for more $$$$. Even though it's the GIRLS who refuse to come over and the BM will not enforce it.