You are here

vacation that went wrong with skids

pat's picture

Just got back with my first and last vacation with skids. We went to a very nice place, sun, beach, pool, nice rental car ect. All they did all week is complain and not even say thank you! We took them to nice resturants and even paid for wave runners. Not even a thank you. I told her after the vacation, never again. All they did all week was text and listen to their ipod and complain. Sorry, I am venting so much, but, I never had what they have growing up, and I feel they don't deserve a thing.

stepkate's picture

This sounds like me after taking BF's daughter to the amusement park for a day. I'd never consider a vacation with her.

SteppedInIt's picture

I went through the same thing with SS19 and SD16 about 18 months ago.....Hawaii, gorgeous resort, fancy meals.....all they wanted to do was text their friends and stay in the suite to Skype/IM. When they were with us, all they did was complain and be generally miserable. BF has (so far) kept his promise that we will NEVER have to take them on a trip with us again. We are going on a cruise this October- ALONE. I don't really care if they learn their lesson or not. It's never happening again. Not on a $5k vacation. So I hear you loud and clear.

I hope your man feels the same way you do. He should be embarassed by their behaviour - I know mine was.

KTL's picture

Boy do I hear you on that,worked very hard to have a relationship with my adult married step children, went out of my way for about 5 years spent tons of money as Santa, and all holidays to make my husband happy. Finally after 5 years step children chose not to have a relationship with me because the mother felt left out, Husband was divorced from her 8 years when we met.

I still encouraded my husband to try to stay involved with them, he came home one day and started to cry, he said "why do you keep sending over there and they keep rejecting me"? From that day oni tell have told him he has to do what is right for him, he said "I should not be forced to pick between my wife and my family, you are my family" the kids used us to the max, they do not care about him, sure do not care about me. My advice save your money take your mate on a nice vacation next time, send them a post card.

Good Luck. KTL

Most Evil's picture

I completely understand and feel the same way, having lived it for 7 years - never again!!

epgr's picture

omg.. vaca with the skids.. one word NIGHTMARE!
Last yr took them to Pittsburgh with dh's family, ss13 never spoke to us the entire time, well unless he was hungry or wanted a drink or something else.. other than that he had the "kiss my ass" attitude and followed dh's family around.. even though thats what he was told was not gonna do.. he did, it was anightmare..

last month took sd to florida, daytona beach to be exact.. to visit MY family that I have not seen in over 20 yrs.. she was rude, disrespectful, and at times down right mean, didnt say thank you to anyone for anything, even going to disney for the day..I didnt even bother to address the bullshit she was pulling, it would have made her worse... then get back here and the mother she couldnt stand enough to even talk to suddenly hung the moon and now she isnt talking to me at all..

I tell DH never never again.. and he says well they are his kids too, which I understand, but I shoudlnt be forced to deal with them, he wants a vaca with them he can go with them, I will not do it again..
first of all cuz of how they act, 2nd cuz when its time to go its up to ME and me alone to get their things washed and packed and make sure they have every thing.. when I didnt want them to go in the first place, but I have to make sure they have everything to keep them clean and happy.. put that with my 2 kids and thats 4 kids to make sure they have everything.. and its not a vaca anylonger..its a effing nightmare!!

hismineandours's picture

U mean it is actually possible to take a vaca without your skid? I've never done it. We've taken this kid on every trip for the last 10 years. We have a 3 day weekend coming up soon and I do not wish to take him. I've already told my dh this but I am not quite sure he knows I am serious. We are taking my kids, of course, which is the problem. We have had major vacas to the beach and such, but the worst trip was when we went to the lake last summer and went camping and boating. He refused to speak to me at all-I went to the store and bought all the kids fans, water bottles, snacks. I went by myself while ss "helped" dh set up camp. He turned to dh and thanked him after I gave him his stuff. He complained and whined nonstop.He peed in the tent. My dd on two different mornings awoke to find him pressed up against her even though he started out on the other side of the tent. The last night we were there he refused to participate in any thing we were doing and wanted to go in the tent. Where he then proceeded to scream about how he wanted out of the tent. We told him to come out. He sat on the picnic table and screamed for 45 minutes. I am so surprised that we did not get kicked out of there. the last trip we took-he was sitting in the backseat of the my explorer and he wrapped my seat beat around the seat somehow and we ended up having to cut it. Then, He vomited in the Cracker Barrel parking lot because he thinks its fun to eat every item on his plate in about 60 seconds and then upchucks it later. Sigh. I dont even expect thank you's I just want a little peace.

hismineandours's picture

I forgot to add that on one of our trips-(we had to pick him up from moms)-dh stressed to him and bm to make sure appropriate things were packed and gave him a specific idea of everything he would need. The kid brought a bag of moldy, damp clothes that had been stored in his basement that he had not worn for two years. Nasty. Too nasty to even wash. Bag was tied up and put outside for the remainder of the trip. This last trip he wore the same tshirt all week-it happened to be his sister's and about 2 sizes too small. Even though he had nice, new clotehs (provided by us) with him.