You are here

Used

Dogmom23's picture

Well soon to be ex dh went to BM for Thanksgiving and then took his dd and her sister to his parents. He has turned sd against me and said I hurt her daddy. I have helped BM find a place to live and helped with rent so sd would have a roof over her head. I have spent countless time and thousands on sd and her sister. I just feel so used and abused. Ex is still on my health insurance and car insurance plus I am paying his cell phone. I feel so traumatized over all this.

Sotheysay's picture

Well legally you may have to keep him o. Your health insurance and maybe even car insurance till after the divorce I wouldn't be paying his cell bill

tog redux's picture

I'm sorry, it's hard to find out you've been used by someone you thought cared for you. Start cutting those ties soon and take care of yourself.

Rumplestiltskin's picture

It sounds like your ex was a horrible husband. He is a user, and no wonder you feel used. You were. If he starts flaunting a new relationship, either with BM or a new victim, do not let that get you down. It probably looked like you were happy from the outside, too. From your blogs, though, there was so much wrong. You are better off now. You really are. 

notsurehowtodeal's picture

She is not facilitating anything - usually you cannot legally remove a spouse from health or car insurance while the divorce is in process. While she could cancel the cell phone, it might be advantageous to know who he is calling. If that is not something she needs, then she should go ahead and cancel his phone.

marblefawn's picture

Hey, it's OK. Just let it be over. That's the most soothing thing you can do for yourself. Preserve your dignity. Someday he'll realize what he squandered. And who wants a guy who would do that to someone he claims to love?

Yea, maybe he got a few over on you, used you a bit, took more than he gave...but that makes him a shit, not you. Take a strong quiet stand: leave him and make sure he knows it's for good.

So right now, go run yourself a bath, take your phone and some candles, and put on your favorite music while you sit on hold waiting to take his dumb ass off your insurance and phone plans. That should definitely be done in the tub for maximum pleasure.

You're better than he is.

CLove's picture

Take care of yourself first and foremost.

If you havent already, get yourself a kick-a$$ lawyer. If you have been supporting him you dont want to end up paying alimony!

protect yourself and be kind to yourself.