You are here

Update my former discussion "when to say no..."

lil_lady's picture

So I was told tonight that I was actually picking the kids up from day care DBF has to work. Something that is of the norm for us that I have no problem with it he is on nights this week. However, tonight is also the night that BM asked if she could take SD to see a movie. Upon finding this out I told him that I absolutely would not be picking up his SD to run around and feed her just in time for her mother to pick her up then proceed to keep her up past her bed time. I understood why he said yes (play nice for court) but I did not agree with it and I would not be running my ass off for her. She could pick up her own child feed her lunch then drop her off late for our days together. Surprisingly this was not a fight at all he totally got it OMG I love this man. However, BM then gets mad at DBF for the unexpected night shift he has to work (heaven forbid he work to be able to give her CS) and then asks to take SS to dinner. DBF then comes to me wondering what we should do. Needless to say we are letting her call the shots for tonight but when the kids go back she will be told exactly what a "special occasion" consists of. This is just plain ridiculous I feel like she has some hidden agenda to try to get the kids a couple more days out of the month so when we show up in court it looks like we are at a 60/40 schedule making her not responsible for her half of child support ug!

If you didn't read my prior post after having the kids for a week and a half BM requested that she take her SD to a movie on fri a few days back. Fri is DBF day according to their pre court agreement in a 4 way meeting with their lawyers.

We had it organized that BM had to ask us before she got anyone to babysit the children. This was back when she was getting a babysitter for the entire night and going to the bar instead of being with her children during the weekend. Our point was that the kids should not have to sleep in a strange bed because of her drinking habits every weekend. She is now using this against us when I have to pick up or drop off the kids from daycare she thinks that if my DB is not around I am therefor babysitting... This coming from the woman who asks me to pick her child up and drop off for appointments attend SD's special days at school when she cant get it off and such...

I guess it just really irks me when I am off being nice and running the kids around on my time whether its BM time or DBF time all the sudden its the end of the world that I am putting them to bed in my own home!

lil_lady's picture

BTW SS2yrs is so used to me he did not even whimper when he was dropped off just came to me with a smile.. This little man screams his head off when DB or I drop him off at daycare. To me that says that I am a little more then a "babysitter".

lil_lady's picture

Meh I guess I am not the one that has to deal with her in general sometimes we communicate through email. Mostly when she has something nasty to say and maybe he is just sick of talking to her but needless to say I wasn't going to bend over and take it.