You are here

Unintentional Wake Up Call for DH?

sbm014's picture

Since the summer when BM got her boyfriend and we moved into our house I have been overwhelmed. I have felt like a maid, and tried to focus on DH but it didn't work.

Last week was probably the hardest with him coming home after all the BM school drama, plus me additionally emotional dealing with my dad in the hospital and other family issues. Well, he got pissy so I distanced myself and I guess at one point he heard me tell MIL that I felt fed up.

This scared him that I was going to leave him and turned into him blowing up on me not knowing how to confront if I wanted to leave him or not, it turned ugly and then we finally talked and he realizes that yes I am fed-up but I am not someone to walk away without trying other avenues such as counseling, etc. I don't think he thought about this though as he had came home into a shit storm with SS and BM already.

Anyways by last night he ha calmed down, he made dinner and did the dishes which was sweet normally I do dishes and he cooks. But today I came home to a picked up house, laundry started - he only started a load but I haven't seen the man do anything but pick up dry cleaning in the past 6 months and that is not a exaggeration, he had cleaned up his pile of tools. I feel rather relaxed as I did switch over laundry and picked up a few other things but it's like he finally realized I am not here just to pick up.

I am still unsure how tonight will go with SS as he has still been a pill after the PAS BM gave him about me making her cry etc, but at least I can go upstairs and know that DH has done some chores. I am hoping this last and isn't just a mini-wake up call for him - especially as I do not plan on making lunches or helping SS put up clothes anymore.

sbm014's picture

He came home and they have kept the house semi picked up.

However he is still acting a little distant I am hoping that will change once we get alone time.

He also got SS to help me put up laundry even though SS didn't want to I'm optimistic but tonight before bed I will be able to tell how optimistic to really be.

I am just so tired of everything. I legit came home and put on pjs I'm just so done.

sbm014's picture

**HUGS**

I actually always try to say thank you. I sent him a text that said "Thank you for starting laundry and picking up so much baby I really appreciate it I love you " his response "No problem baby"

I know thank you are powerful words every night we shower together at least all but 1-2 nights he's home in which he washes my feet (maybe TMI) but I say thank you at least once if not on each leg. He truly is a sweet guy.

I just think he got caught up in what SS wanted instead of the house.
I would love if he would keep it up Smile

sbm014's picture

**SUPER HUGS**

We really do try to be affectionate couple. We shower together a lot mainly because when he is gone it sucks.

He washes my feet which started with my leg being to swollen for me to be able to bend my knee to wash on foot and just turned into a nightly thing - I think it is really sweet and back...I wash his back. It is really nice because even with company it is a ensured alone time. We really try out best to stay connected. I don't think many people really realize what just the 3-5minutes shared in the shower can do in these step-situations to keep love around, or at least just time that is silent lol.

sbm014's picture

When I got up this morning all the mess from last night was picked up, laundry was taken off the dryer. - Mind you he stays up later than I do and will shower and go to bed with me but will then get up and normally go outside and read his book or something.

I'm staying pretty optimistic.